11-11-09 – Destroyed

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-11-09 – Destroyed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take a picture of something destroyed. A building after a fire, a partially collapsed abandoned house, a guitar after your last gig, etc.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, monsieurstabby!

meowsertd
    Participant

What about a picture of my wife on our wedding day 😉

* wont do it but it comes to mind

Curious
    Participant

can i have a special dispensation to post 30 entries for this? all with voting?

between the katrina damage and living in an area with abandoned farm houses etc. just picking three from my archives will be tough. let along going out and shooting new stuff.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’ve a question: Can we include things in the PROCESS of being destroyed or only the destruction once completed? I ask because I’ve just destroyed something and shot the entire process and coolest parts are, well, when the thing is being destroyed leaving only charred rubble behind.

Kestrana
    Participant

If a “‘partially collapsed abandoned house” works than anything that has suffered some but not total destruction should be fair game.

olavf
    Participant

I think the main idea is FUBAR. Whether in process, or post-process doesn’t matter so much.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I think the main idea is FUBAR. Whether in process, or post-process doesn’t matter so much.

This pleases me greatly, not that I created “art” but lighting it on fire and photographing pleased me on pre-pubescent level as it should all men.

olavf
    Participant

Fire is always good. That’s on the playbill for tomorrow 😀

monsieurstabby
    Participant

If a “‘partially collapsed abandoned house” works than anything that has suffered some but not total destruction should be fair game.

Something that could no longer be used for the purpose for which it was made because of serious physical damage fits. But something that’s been saved and rearranged into a new useful object wouldn’t count in my opinion.

U-Man
    Participant

…but lighting it on fire and photographing pleased me on pre-pubescent level as it should all men.

I understand.

U-Man
    Participant

A note about protective UV type filters.

I use them. There are those who don’t like them and I’m cool with their opinion. My $0.02 is that they don’t really have a negative effect on my pics and, by having one in place, I can continue to clean off fingerprints with the inside of my T-shirt. 🙂

Yesterday I drove up to Chicago to watch the Bears game. As I was driving through farm country, I passed up the remains of a small building fire. I turned around and got some pics and made a mental note to stop on my way home when it was dark. I stopped after dark and was setting up with a tripod and flash-stand. My tripod was on the shortest the legs could get ’cause I wanted a close up of a burnt metal folding chair. Since I was still setting up, I didn’t have the legs at a super-wide stable position. Well, the back leg was on a plate-like piece of concrete. In the dark, I stepped on the other side of the concrete plate which acted as a perfect lever and flipped my camera straight forward. L-series lens first. Onto broken concrete. I only had time to hiss “fffffffffuck.”

The filter ring is a bit bent and I can’t get it off yet. But the lens seems to be OK. I plan to keep on using protective filters.

Oh, I should have taken a pic of the Bears scoreboard because they were destroyed by Arizona.

chupathingie
    Participant

hmmmm….. I will be digging thru the archives for this one!

Kestrana
    Participant

Oh, I should have taken a pic of the Bears scoreboard because they were destroyed by Arizona.

Yes. Yes they were.

Although it shows you just how bad the Browns are this year, when both Arizona and Cincinnati put up more than 40 points on the Bears D, and Cleveland manages only 6…

advisorgee
    Participant

The filter ring is a bit bent and I can’t get it off yet. But the lens seems to be OK. I plan to keep on using protective filters.

You should take a picture of that UV filter for this week 😀

QueenBee
    Participant

Does it have to be something that’s destroyed beyond use? I have some that fit that bill…but I also had a slightly different take on it after watching my nephews play with some of their toys and how they liked to build things up only to destroy them. I’m linking two my possibilities, let me know if you guys don’t think they really count in the realm of being destroyed 🙂 Thanks!

http://tinypic.com/r/6rkgme/4
    http://tinypic.com/r/2u8fhig/4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • The topic ‘11-11-09 – Destroyed’ is closed to new replies.