11-12-08 – Float Like a Butterfly

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-12-08 – Float Like a Butterfly

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

I have three butterfly pics tonight but two of them rather suck and I am thinking about only posting the one good shot .All I have is a point and shoot digital camera.so I gotta get real close to get shots like this

its gonna suck to post a smaller version .I think the pollen is gonna be a lot harder to see.

U-Man
    Participant

I got mine drunk first.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

wow, that’s beautiful, lokisbong!

lokisbong
    Participant

thank you the other two pictures I got of him before I bumped the flower he is on are kind of blurry so this will be the only entry this week. You can see the proboscis under his eye.I’m going to post a link to the big version because I lose a lot of quality when I shrink it.would this one be worth posting ?

It’s kinda blurry but it shows even more of the proboscis.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve seen blurrier posted, and it’s a beautiful swallowtail, but I’m not sure it will get you much beyond the other one. The first you posted is so striking, and the focus and composition are great. Definitely add the link to the larger one on the first!

lokisbong
    Participant

Wow .Thank you again. I will post the second one also but I agree about it not getting as much attention..

SilverStag
    Participant

I think all three of mine came from the butterfly exhibit at the Indianapolis Zoo, they have a great butterfly house there at the White River Gardens.

millera9
    Participant

Yeah, butterfly exhibit at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. I had many other butterfly shots to choose from but those were the best by far because I was prepared to shoot butterflies on those days.

soosh
    Participant

I shot mine with a 100mm macro. Just followed them around and got lucky.

Killerclaw
    Participant

I’m tempted to post this:

soosh
    Participant

I was going to do a whole Stick-Of-Butter-As-Icarus parable this week, but having yesterday off as a holiday screwed me up and I didn’t realize it was Wednesday until it was too late.

evilzard
    Participant

I ALWAYS FORGET ABOUT THE CONTESTS! POO!

They should call me stupidzard. GEEZ

lokisbong
    Participant

Wow ! Everybody seems to like my first entry a lot. Boy did I get lucky that afternoon I guess. Its already in fourth place in my portfolio.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Great stuff, people! Congrats to SilverStag and jrkotrla!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘11-12-08 – Float Like a Butterfly’ is closed to new replies.