11-26-08 – At the End of the Day

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-26-08 – At the End of the Day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Show us a photo that shows, in some form or other, the end of the day. Difficulty: No sunsets.

Another nifty theme suggestion by SilverStag–thanks!

SilverStag
    Participant

Just call me “Themes R Us” 🙂

justkat
    Participant

I like the ones I have for this contest. =)

Morningbreath
    Participant

I must admit, I don’t quite get this theme. Is is a dusk theme? a bedtime theme? an evening theme? or all of the above? All I have to submit is stuff that I photographed at those times of day.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I must admit, I don’t quite get this theme. Is is a dusk theme? a bedtime theme? an evening theme? or all of the above? All I have to submit is stuff that I photographed at those times of day.

My thoughts on this theme is what you interpret as the end of the day.

All those you listed are fine.

Could be a shot of a TV with Jay Leno on or a kid in their PJ’s drinking a glass of milk before bed etc…

The only thing forbidden is sunset pictures.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Here’s a couple that didn’t make the cut this week.

I wish I ended days like this

Serene few of hustle/bustle

soosh
    Participant

I like that second one a lot.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I like that second one a lot.

Thanks! I like it too, especially since I know where I took the shot. What’s NOT in the picture is a big part of why I like it, which is why picking things to enter gets complicated for me. I have all this context that gets in the way of judging a images on their on merits.

For instance, that shot is taken at a random wetlands park, or preservation area, that’s in Palo Alto California. About 150 yards behind the where I setup is highway 101. So the peacefulnes, view across the bay, and lights from the east bay cities gives a false impression that it’s in some remote area. But you can’t get any of that from the picture itself.

Even so, it’s on top of my list for the “B Sides” contest coming up.

orionid
    Participant

10 minutes to go and I’m still digging through the archives…… At least my stuff got to NY finally and I have archives to dig through.

/got nothing but drinking pics…. which is where my other idea came from.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve got a ton that fit but I can’t enter them all.

jpatten
    Participant

5 minutes to go… and All my pictures are on my portable drive at work.. *doh!* and I wont be back in the office till Monday… Well I will look through stuff I have on online albums and see if I can find anything.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    jpatten
    Participant

Do’h… I really need to organize better so I don’t try to recycle pictures.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No biggie, jpatten, it happens.

I”m not sure how long I’m going to be up tonight. Thanks to my doctor talking me into the FluMist vaccine yesterday, I now have the flu, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. If I go to bed early, I’ll let ya’ll know so you can report stuff to the mods if need be. For now I’ll be heading into my bedroom with the laptop….

jpatten
    Participant

Go lay down. Feel better. And in the morning Rule with an Iron Fark. … or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘11-26-08 – At the End of the Day’ is closed to new replies.