11-26-08 – At the End of the Day

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-26-08 – At the End of the Day

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

orionid, what settings and lens did you use to get your astro-photo? is that stacked exposures? I’ve been trying to figure out how to get that sort of deep-sky exposure with no blurring of stars for the longest time. Awesome shot.

orionid
    Participant

It was definately location that did that shot for me. I was using the basic Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 that comes with all of the Nikons.

18mm
    ISO 1600
    f/3.5
    60 second exposure on walmart variety tripod.

This was taken at the secondary observation point on Mauna Kea, Big Island, Hawaii. I think the elevation was about 10,000 feet. It was the clearest sky I had ever seen in my life, save for being actually at the summit. (no visitors allowed after sunset) You can actually see a little bit of star trail forming on the right hand side from the long exposure and low lattitude. I have a 30 second exposure from the same angle and tripod where the Milky Way is not as vivid but the individual stars are much more clearly defined. Now that I have my 24mm f/2.8, I’d really like to give Mauna Kea another go, but it’s a bit more expensive to get there from upstate NY than from a neigboring island.

justkat
    Participant

Elsinor – I spoke too soon, is all; the numbers are fairly normal now… just a slower start than some contests. Hey, I didn’t exactly post at the sound of the gun myself, so I was just talking too soon. I’m glad you’re feeling better! Myself, I am okay, I think the antibiotics are helping. It’s hard to say when I was going to feel rotten right now from chemo anyway. 😛

FutherMucker
    Participant

😆 😆 😆

That works for you too ?!?!

Maybe it’s something in the fiber, but I’ve been getting much better reception from my clock radio with panties draped over the antenna….It’s either that, or my last fling never bothered to remove the magnetic, theft proof strip from her stolen, Walmart skibbies.

/The little things in life
    //Easily amused 8)

Happy Thanksgiving, folks !!

FutherMucker
    Participant

Is it just me, an overdose of L-Tryptophan, or do I see a demon penguin with a Klingon Bird of Prey in those panties ?….Look closely !

😯

/I’m either a Rorschach genius, or a retard.
    //TBD

jpatten
    Participant

We planned it that way 🙂

Yeah… lets go with that!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😆 😆 😆

That works for you too ?!?!

Maybe it’s something in the fiber, but I’ve been getting much better reception from my clock radio with panties draped over the antenna….It’s either that, or my last fling never bothered to remove the magnetic, theft proof strip from her stolen, Walmart skibbies.

/The little things in life
    //Easily amused 8)

Happy Thanksgiving, folks !!

I’m sure there’s something witty to say about all the attention my panties received 😆

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving 🙂

swampa
    Participant

I’m sure there’s something witty to say about all the attention my panties received 😆

I like how everyone assumed they were yours 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

😆 true that

orionid
    Participant

Man…. One vote shy of my first dual-top-ten finish….. Watch out U-Man, I’m coming for ya!

/not really
    //not even close to U-man

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m so late calling this one, guys. Congrats to soosh this week!

U-Man
    Participant

… Watch out U-Man, I’m coming for ya!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    …………………../…………………….
    …………………./……………………..
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ /…… ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    ……………………………………………
    ……………………………………………
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

dun-dun…dun-dun…dun-dun…..(Jaws spooky music)

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘11-26-08 – At the End of the Day’ is closed to new replies.