12-03-08 – Pinhole Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-03-08 – Pinhole Camera

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    sleeping
    Participant

I was using a literal pinhole, myself. As in done with an actual pin:

It’s mounted in a shutter so I could shoot Fuji FP300B which is ISO 32000 (exposure in full daylight was 1/60)

soosh
    Participant

my last two were taken with a lens in a cap at f/64

http://www.loreo.com/pages/products/loreo_lenscap.html

the first one was taken with an f/250 or so pinhole cap.

orionid
    Participant

I thought about using my loreo cap, but decided to go old school with it this week. Lore would have probably been easier.

soosh
    Participant

at f/64 I always get a weird shadow/glare in the middle of the shot, so I figured it was disfigured enough.

orionid
    Participant

I get that, too. Didn’t know if it was a smudge or just a side affect of the lens…. I guess I know now.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Just for the record…My ‘shots’ were obviously not taken through a pinhole camera, just with a pinhole camera, lens and a lens cap. The vignetting occurred naturally from the tiny flash on my p&s being so close to the subjects…I was just trying to be clever since I had nothing this week. If you feel it’s too smart-assy, rather than clever, go ahead and disable voting. However, if I get a pass due to a technicality, it will be fun to see how many votes it gets…Either way, I’ll respect your decision.
    8)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m willing to let it stand due to the technicality of the wording. Any objections from others?

linguine
    Participant

I’m fine with letting them stay.
    This contest seems to have scared away the liters.

cretinbob
    Participant

……..

I beg to differ. Done correctly with the right equipment it is an amazing way to take pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfduggan/sets/1359738/

(not mine)

I’ll agree, but this is a farktography thread. Few people here have the time, nor should be expected to put in the time, for something that is supposed to be fun and easy to participate in.
    This was the worst contest ever. Yes it was a challange, had I had more time I would have made a rig with a ground glass and could have gotten elaborate. But again, I have a clue. Most farkers do not. That is why there are only 40 entries, and a few of them are questionable. There are also off topic pics which did not get deleted, but I had some comments that were, even though I did not thread jack. 🙄 (now I see it was some comments that I replied to that were general farktography questions and that I was thanked for replying to 🙄 🙄 )

The farktography threads have gotten to be a mutual admiration society, and that’s why I stopped participating. If you aren’t in the clicue, then the rules are applied differently. That was brought up in the uberthread about moderation , what, a month or two ago?

If you want to have a contest like that here, fine. If you want to behave that way here, fine. But taking it to fark.com is pretty pathetic.

I could go on and on, since you hate me anyway and I really don’t care whether you do or not, but I have other things to do today. Glad I got that off my chest

nobigdeal
    Participant

……..

I beg to differ. Done correctly with the right equipment it is an amazing way to take pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfduggan/sets/1359738/

(not mine)

I’ll agree, but this is a farktography thread. Few people here have the time, nor should be expected to put in the time, for something that is supposed to be fun and easy to participate in.
    This was the worst contest ever. Yes it was a challange, had I had more time I would have made a rig with a ground glass and could have gotten elaborate. But again, I have a clue. Most farkers do not. That is why there are only 40 entries, and a few of them are questionable. There are also off topic pics which did not get deleted, but I had some comments that were, even though I did not thread jack. 🙄 (now I see it was some comments that I replied to that were general farktography questions and that I was thanked for replying to 🙄 🙄 )

The farktography threads have gotten to be a mutual admiration society, and that’s why I stopped participating. If you aren’t in the clicue, then the rules are applied differently. That was brought up in the uberthread about moderation , what, a month or two ago?

If you want to have a contest like that here, fine. If you want to behave that way here, fine. But taking it to fark.com is pretty pathetic.

I could go on and on, since you hate me anyway and I really don’t care whether you do or not, but I have other things to do today. Glad I got that off my chest

Chill out dude. Nobody’s hating.

I agree this theme is tougher than most but so what?
    Why not have a challenging theme once in a while. If every week was cute kitty pics what would the fun be? We’d all get pretty bored and nobody would participate.

Pinhole cameras are exactly what farkography is about. You don’t even need a camera to participate.If you wanted to you could make one for about 5 bucks and 15 minutes of your day. (35mm film ,cardboard box , duct tape, pin).

I think it’s too bad so many people got scared away by the theme.

Oh well.

Next week is an easy theme.

corsec67
    Participant

Hmm, apparently the humor in my “Pin, Hole” picture is a failure. Really, I thought I was being quite funny.

In other news, FSM isn’t picking up this contest.

I guess an offering needs to be made to FSM

soosh
    Participant

I thought it was good humor, corsec.

I nearly didn’t put my pictures up, because I don’t think they’re much to get excited about, even with the pinhole difficulty. I was kind of embarrassed to be in first place for a while, because I really didn’t think it deserved it.

mopsy
    Participant

In reply to the negative comments, I like the contests that stretch my abilities. I loved the panorama, the HDR, trick photography, shallow depth of field and now pinhole cameras. I have never done any of these things but what fun to learn how to do it! Thank you Farkers for giving advice, encouragement and allowing me to participate.

schnee
    Participant

I am so sorry about that. In the future, a PM to me usually will get my attention.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I am so sorry about that. In the future, a PM to me usually will get my attention.

It’s ok. We’ll let it slide.

this time.

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘12-03-08 – Pinhole Camera’ is closed to new replies.