12-03-08 – Pinhole Camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-03-08 – Pinhole Camera

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

I like the contests that stretch my abilities. I loved the panorama, the HDR, trick photography, shallow depth of field and now pinhole cameras. I have never done any of these things but what fun to learn how to do it!

That’s the spirit !!

Contests coming soon:

Infrared
    Tilt-shift
    Fisheye
    Digiscoping
    Paparazzi: British Royal Family
    Naked Mole-Rat: Mating Rituals
    and so on……
    😆

/Not adding fuel to the fire.
    //Just injecting my dark humor to brighten things up.
    8)

orionid
    Participant

Well, in contrast to the negativity, and dark humor (which I usually so gladly provide my own flavor of sarcasm), I had alot of fun sacrificing a dust cover to try something different. Even if two photos I felt really good about tanked. I still learned things. Like I found that ISO 1600 and a tripod set up about 3″ away from blinking christmas lights still needs 25-30 seconds exposure. And apparently, nobody likes an ice-encrusted pond from the first snow of the year.

/I still say +1 for the “get out and do something different” themes.

FutherMucker
    Participant

/I still say +1 for the “get out and do something different” themes.

AMEN !!!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ranger Joe this week!

corsec67
    Participant

I like the contests that stretch my abilities. I loved the panorama, the HDR, trick photography, shallow depth of field and now pinhole cameras. I have never done any of these things but what fun to learn how to do it!

That’s the spirit !!

Contests coming soon:

Infrared
    Tilt-shift
    Fisheye
    Digiscoping
    Paparazzi: British Royal Family
    Naked Mole-Rat: Mating Rituals
    and so on……
    😆

/Not adding fuel to the fire.
    //Just injecting my dark humor to brighten things up.
    8)

Maybe we could have a “technically challenging” contest, where rectilinear lenses without any filters need not apply.

(And then a Shifted fisheye IR pic of the British Royal Family digiscoping some naked mole-rat mating rituals wins… Hmm, is there a shift fisheye lens?)

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • The topic ‘12-03-08 – Pinhole Camera’ is closed to new replies.