12-05-12 – Statuary

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-05-12 – Statuary

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah, you’re right, Els; it will be a lower burden of proof. I did get some photos, but it was near dusk and they’re with my cell phone. I think they’ll still tell my story, but I really really wish I’d thought to bring my SLR. When he called, we rushed out without really thinking about the need to grab documentation tools. My insurance agent did say that if we succeeded in getting the ticket reversed that would help our case. Regardless, everyone’s OK and that’s the important part; the rest is just money and that comes and goes.

Amen. Glad everyone’s okay.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, you’re right, Els; it will be a lower burden of proof. I did get some photos, but it was near dusk and they’re with my cell phone. I think they’ll still tell my story, but I really really wish I’d thought to bring my SLR. When he called, we rushed out without really thinking about the need to grab documentation tools. My insurance agent did say that if we succeeded in getting the ticket reversed that would help our case. Regardless, everyone’s OK and that’s the important part; the rest is just money and that comes and goes.

Amen. Glad everyone’s okay.

This^^

Yoyo
    Participant

Ok, WTF? This is the second week in a row that my entries have been axed due to a broken link. What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future? I’ve never had this problem before, and every time I try to load the images they work just fine.

Barracuda
    Participant

What webhost are you using? Picasa was breaking my images for a short time which ended with a couple of my entries being axed, so I started putting a standard statement at the bottom that any broken links should be resolved automatically.

Yoyo
    Participant

MS Skydrive. It’s free, easy, and 25 GB. (I know, I know. Get a real host. Spend some $$$.) It’s worked fine since FarkCon last April. Only last week and this week have I noticed any problems. 😡

http://sdrv.ms/No6KEx

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to (Be)CauseISaidSo this week!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, WTF? This is the second week in a row that my entries have been axed due to a broken link. What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future? I’ve never had this problem before, and every time I try to load the images they work just fine.

Crap, I’m sorry I didn’t realize they had dropped. I don’t recognize your hosting provider as one of the typical problem children, but I’m wondering if they’re doing something similar to what photobucket used to do, where they serve the initial image when first posted, but then at various times serve out re-compressed images or something that makes Fark think the image has been swapped. It could also simply be that the hosting provider is hiccuping and failing to load/serve the image at all for a brief period of time, so Fark thinks it’s farked. In either of those cases, the image will get yanked, and there’s not much I can do about it other than restore it once it’s noticed missing. If you do see that happen, please let me know or send a Farkback so it can be restored ASAP, but beyond that, it may be a hosting issue in general.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks Els and also to everyone who voted!

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The topic ‘12-05-12 – Statuary’ is closed to new replies.