12-12-12 – Here At the End of All Things

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-12-12 – Here At the End of All Things

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Some people believe that the Mayan calendar indicates the world will end December 21, 2012. Just in case they’re right, show us photographs indicating destruction, loss of hope, human frailty, fear, or peoples’ response to the prediction of the end of time.

It’s the end of the world as we know it, but Farktographer has brought us this theme!

ravnostic
    Participant

I just had a brilliant idea for this theme that I think may actually work (all the technical details have hatched out in my head), but I can’t determine if I can pull it off without getting arrested in the process. Damn. Damn, damn, damn. This theme is turning out harder than I imagined it would be to pull off.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I am actually depressed, I just got my hair cut from a wild shag better suited for a street person down to an almost military trim. Now my idea to dress as a crazy street preacher will not work! 😀

fluffybunny
    Participant

I too am brick walling on this one.

Yugoboy
    Participant

On the plus side, I’m good for this week. One of my long-time favorite personal themes is entropy, and I’ve been shooting decay (generally of buildings) for years… Which is not to say I’ve got three busted buildings on deck, but it wasn’t too hard to get this one ready…

Thank you Farktographer for this theme… it may be blocking others, but I’m happy.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I have one shot, it’s an archive dive from my Africa trip. I haven’t had time or motivation to shoot anything else for this one.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I too have only one that fits. I’ll scour the archives to see if anything else might …
    While re-reading the description for this, an old album cover came to mind:

/which in turn reminds me of REM’s “Its the End Of the World as we Know It (And I Feel Fine)”

ravnostic
    Participant

Can I get an OBO for tonight? It’s my first night going back into work in 10 days and I’ll have too much going on to get to posting.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Can I get an OBO for tonight? It’s my first night going back into work in 10 days and I’ll have too much going on to get to posting.

Thanks to Lovesandwich, I’m currently TF, so I can do ya, rav.

ravnostic
    Participant

Cool, I pm’d you, CISS

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I forgot tonight is the Trailer Park Boys! Can someone please OBO me too? I have one entry:

Ready For The End When It Comes

Just copy pasta the above, already tested in scratchpad to make sure it fits. Thanks in advance.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Since I’m already OBO’ing, I’ll throw yours in as well, Zero.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    fluffybunny
    Participant

So Rav, you probably already talked about this somewhere in the threads but how much did that Twinkie cost you?

ravnostic
    Participant

$7 for a two-pack and $5.95 shipping on e-bay. Spent at least as much in gas prior to ordering looking for them locally. The shiat we do for farktography…

What kills me is I had a box of 8 left over from “Just Desserts” that I finally got around to throwing away after two years, just about a week before they announced the closings.

//They do NOT stay fresh forever–hard as rocks. They don’t get moldy, though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘12-12-12 – Here At the End of All Things’ is closed to new replies.