12-17-08 – Still Life

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-17-08 – Still Life

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    swampa
    Participant

I tried that, but your mom doesn’t seem to know who I am πŸ˜›

soosh
    Participant

your mom and I were in the shower and she didn’t mention you at all.

SilverStag
    Participant

I dunno- Based on the clickthroughs I’ve gotten on my pics this week, I was expecting more votes as well. *shrug*.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I dunno- Based on the clickthroughs I’ve gotten on my pics this week, I was expecting more votes as well. *shrug*.

My block letters have 2 clicks. My camera shot has 8. Go figure?

The shots I posted for orionid have 12 & 16. πŸ˜•

orionid
    Participant

Instead of looking at how many votes I got, I just call my Mom or Aunt and tell them to shower me with praise.

That’s how I usually make myself feel better, too.

πŸ˜‰

nobigdeal
    Participant

Instead of looking at how many votes I got, I just call my Mom or Aunt and tell them to shower me with praise.

I gave my mom the link to my Flickr 6 months ago and she still hasn’t looked at it.

So I don’t even have that going for me πŸ™

I neeeeeed votes!!!!! It validates me!!!

jpatten
    Participant

yeah I am pretty disappointed in my showing.. barely in the top 50… I usually get close to the 20th place I think

corsec67
    Participant

Hah, if you think this contest was bad for votes, wait until next week.
    The main voting day seems to be Thursday/Friday, and that is going to be the 25th and 26th.

(I got less votes than I expected this week too. Last week I got more than I expected, so it probably all evens out)

nutkick_42
    Participant

This has officially been my worst contest. I’ll be calling all of your moms and some of your sisters later…

olavf
    Participant

yeah.. hoping I get one for christmas.. If not, I will build one like that. SHop lights seem to work for a lot of people. Especially if you have a Good diffuser.

I recommend it. I’m amazed by how often I use the thing now that we have it.

olavf
    Participant

This is our home-built rig (the cats have apparently been on the table again…)

http://65.78.140.207/TF/mypics/lightbox_rig.jpg

I’ts pretty simple but it seems to work well.

does that knock down or is it fixed/glued together? darned good idea with the diffusers.

It’s not designed to knock down but it could be taken apart. If I make a Mark II I’ll make it so that it can be folded or disassembled into chunks. I also want to explore better ways to affix the backdrops.

corsec67
    Participant

It’s not designed to knock down but it could be taken apart. If I make a Mark II I’ll make it so that it can be folded or disassembled into chunks. I also want to explore better ways to affix the backdrops.

On my Macro tent that I got from B&H, there are two top bars in back, with the lower one being used with two clips on each side to hold the backdrop. Then there is a matching hole in the tent, so that I can reach in from outside and mess with the top of the backdrop.

olavf
    Participant

On my Macro tent that I got from B&H, there are two top bars in back, with the lower one being used with two clips on each side to hold the backdrop. Then there is a matching hole in the tent, so that I can reach in from outside and mess with the top of the backdrop.

That’s a very cool thing. I like the idea of a second bar in the back. Thanks πŸ™‚
    /I’d consider buying that one but I want a 5-in-1 type sun reflector (If I don’t get one for Christmas (hints to the wife)) and I know I can’t make that :/

staplermofo
    Participant

your mom and I were in the shower and she didn’t mention you at all.

Guys like you are why I didn’t follow her into the ソープランド industry.
    If you’d just go in, let the woman dressed as Pikachu do her thing and keep in character, it’d be good fun for everybody. But no, guys like you come in and start talking about families and how (local sports team) is doing and it just makes things awkward. I mean, how are they supposed to know when to be Pikachu again? Do you think they can just improvise a song for the bubble dance? If you’re going to go to these places, spend the time to know these places. If you want a UοΌ‘5γ€€γ‚’γ‚€γƒ‰γƒ«γ€€ε–«θŒΆεΊ—, go there. If you want a woman dressed a Pikachu showering you with soap, water, and high-pitched jibberish, act like it.

jpatten
    Participant

“Turkish bath” ?

Idol coffee shop?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • The topic ‘12-17-08 – Still Life’ is closed to new replies.