12-20-06 – Barbie (and Ken)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-20-06 – Barbie (and Ken)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Finally, a legitimate use for the ethnic Barbie my wife brought home from India. Now if I can just figure out how to recreate a tsunami in my bathtub.

My definition of “legitimate” does not include taking a bath with Barbie… but whatever floats your…well…boat.

staplermofo
    Participant

Aisle or window, you’re going first class! 😛

Hey, at least Ken isn’t burning Barbie in a kitchen accident instead of getting a divorce.

swampa
    Participant

Finally, a legitimate use for the ethnic Barbie my wife brought home from India. Now if I can just figure out how to recreate a tsunami in my bathtub.

Here use this link as inspiration 😛

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdebqAyRMdo

(I love this ad!)

anneb
    Participant

This is going to be a fun thread. I wish were feeling creative. *sigh* After Friday the days will start getting longer.

ARRRRRGH I have NO idea what to do, and I am so lost manufacturing set-ups!

Ok, that’s out of my system. Hopefully, I’ll come up with something cool by tomorrow 😛 I can’t wait to see what people have come up with!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m pretty tapped on inspiration, myself. Ah well…still another day to go…procrastination pressure can be a good thing 😉

Diggin
    Participant

I’m out! Every Ken doll I’ve found are “Authentic” and people are asking $40 and up for him. Two Toy’s erR Us stores didn’t even carry “Ken”. I found plenty of Barney’s!

Curious
    Participant

well mine won’t have ken and the light’s gone for today so i can’t retake the ones i did. not all that happy with them. and by the time i get home tomorrow the light will be like it is now. and it’s forecast to rain. shoot.

waited too long to get started and then even longer to download them. optimism about what i had wasn’t justified. but of the eighty some exposures there may be three that can be entered.

and i couldn’t get the darned cat to cooperate at all. he wanted to play tag then hide and seek instead.

bobroberts
    Participant

I’m guessing this week is going to be a hilarious contest, and I’m really bummed I didn’t get the chance get some barbies and take some photos. Work has just been too busy lately and I haven’t had much time for anything other than working, eating, and sleeping.

I did get a new camera today, though, so I’m thrilled about that — my first SLR ever! I splurged on the EOS 5D with the 24-105 f/4L as my first lens with which to explore this new world. My credit card is in severe pain, but I am utterly amazed at how insanely awesome this camera performs in crappy lighting environments. Yeehaw!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

holy crap, bobroberts I thought you were already shooting with an SLR! Congrats on the 5D–definitely a sweet camera, and I’m sure you’ll do amazing things with it!

bobroberts
    Participant

Thanks, Elsinore! I was shooting with the Sony Cybershot F828, having bought it about 2 1/2 years ago with the idea that I didn’t know enough about photography to commit to an SLR, but still wanted a good camera. I’m really happy with the output I got from the Sony, but after taking >20,000 photos with it I was painfully aware of its limitations (speed, ISO noise, 28-200mm not being quite wide enough on the low end, etc.) and everything about the 5D spoke to what I was lusting after. I wish I’d had the 5D for those 2 years when I was traveling around the world, but that’s okay — I’m hoping to take off again for a few months later this year, and by then I should be pretty familiar with my new toy!

monkeybort
    Participant
    Curious
    Participant

you might notice that when posting the boobies i redid the URL that goes to the inspiration thread into a popping link. seemed easier that way.

Diggin
    Participant

I hope this contest isn’t a bomb because it’s looking like there’s not that many entries. Is it too soon to tell?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Glad I’m not the only one wondering where everyone is. Course, it’s the holidays…people could be busy with various asundry things…

Curious
    Participant

or didn’t have a barbie, didn’t want to buy one, have no ideas …………..

or because we were so stroked in here it just seemed that everyone would be.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • The topic ‘12-20-06 – Barbie (and Ken)’ is closed to new replies.