12-23-09 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 3

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-23-09 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Images that would make great Holiday cards. Please note: For this week’s theme, you may add text to your images if you wish, though it is not required. All other Farktography rules apply, however.

U-Man
    Participant

I have three ideas and no pics. One sassy one requires snow and it is snowing right now so that one might get done tonight. I have the subject(s) for a cool-nerd-internets thing but don’t quite know what I’ll do. And then I have a plan for a serious, maybe sappy, one.

QueenBee
    Participant

I took some shots for this yesterday and then I drove past an awesome sight yesterday and snapped a shot for a funny card 🙂

orionid
    Participant

My serious/sappy one looked more like a stalker or burgar, so that got ixnayed. Depending how the snow behaves tomorrow, I may have a different angle of attack. Otherwise, it’ll be three-up snarky potty humor.

U-Man
    Participant

I got one done. The sassy one. While it is safe for work, it made my wife smile and say, “what the hell is the matter with you?” So I have a sense of accomplishment there.

It required a snowman and the snow is really dry. Not good for packing. So, in the interest of high art, *ahem* I changed the character of the snow.

Bringning a wheelbarrow of snow in the house probably started the whole “what the hell is wrong with you” thoughts in my wife’s head.

I wonder if it is a good thing or a bad thing for my children seeing their father do stuff like this. Probably good. 🙂

Oh, btw, I did the pic after the kids went to bed.

soosh
    Participant

I got one done. The sassy one. While it is safe for work, it made my wife smile and say, “what the hell is the matter with you?” So I have a sense of accomplishment there.

It required a snowman and the snow is really dry. Not good for packing. So, in the interest of high art, *ahem* I changed the character of the snow.

Bringning a wheelbarrow of snow in the house probably started the whole “what the hell is wrong with you” thoughts in my wife’s head.

I wonder if it is a good thing or a bad thing for my children seeing their father do stuff like this. Probably good. 🙂

Oh, btw, I did the pic after the kids went to bed.

definitely good. My wife and one of my kids came to pick me up from work the other day, and I came out of the office with a 12-foot mahogany 1×4 I’d bought a few days earlier. My son’s comment was “you are so random. I’m glad I don’t have a boring dad.”

linguine
    Participant
    U-Man
    Participant

Unlucky/lucky.

So, I had two done last night. I had several pics taken to make a 3rd card with, but no inspiration for the words. I did the snow globe card this evening before dinner and got it up loaded to my host. I saved the text for my three posts in a Word file.

Then the power in our neighborhood went out about three minutes later.

I’m at a local establishment with free wi-fi. About to go back home and have some good NO-TV family time.

orionid
    Participant

Then the power in our neighborhood went out about three minutes later.

That sucks.

About to go back home and have some good NO-TV family time.

Sounds like fun!

Kestrana
    Participant

I wanted to go get sunset pictures from a small nearby mountain vista since it was clear but sunset was at 4:30 so I hurried there and back. I come home to find my normal host where my prepared photos were stored is broken. So I upload to my personal webspace instead. Immediately after posting I check my normal host and it’s working fine. ><

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hey upmqtguy: On your wanted poster, did you combine two photos into the one image and add the wrinkled paper effect?

U-Man
    Participant

Hey guys. Mopsy just got a hold of me and said she can’t see my three entries. But I can. On my computer there are 75 entries at 10:28 EST. On hers, there are only 72. We have both refreshed.

I can see my first one at 2009-12-23 08:17:04 PM. Do you guys see three of mine?

sleeping
    Participant

I don’t see them, no

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hey guys. Mopsy just got a hold of me and said she can’t see my three entries. But I can. On my computer there are 75 entries at 10:28 EST. On hers, there are only 72. We have both refreshed.

I can see my first one at 2009-12-23 08:17:04 PM. Do you guys see three of mine?

I don’t see any of your entries…

U-Man
    Participant

Well that’s goofy. I’ll re-post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘12-23-09 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 3’ is closed to new replies.