12-23-09 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 3

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-23-09 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    U-Man
    Participant

Can you see three now?

Elsinore, I don’t know what happened. I can see two copies of my three photo over on fark. The first three are at: 2009-12-23 08:17:04 PM, 2009-12-23 08:19:34 PM, and 2009-12-23 08:22:03 PM.

If you can see three, which ones do you think should be deleted?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Weird, I see them. Though maybe I’m seeing the reposted entries. Looking into it now. Also, if you’re in contact with upmqtguy, I could use some clarification on his wanted poster entry.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

U-Man: I see all three of your entries, and baka-san commented on one of them in the thread, so I think they’re ok.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, now I’ve found the other ones. I can just restore them and delete the reposted versions. Give me a few cause I need to make some changes so that they won’t disappear again.

U-Man
    Participant

But I see SIX from me. Are the ones you are seeing at the very end? All in a row (with the baka-san comment between the last two)?

U-Man
    Participant

Ok, now I’ve found the other ones. I can just restore them and delete the reposted versions. Give me a few cause I need to make some changes so that they won’t disappear again.

Do whatever you thing is safest. i.e. what is most likely to keep them from disappearing again.

U-Man
    Participant

Also, if you’re in contact with upmqtguy, I could use some clarification on his wanted poster entry.

First – thanks for the help with my entries.

Second – I am not in contact with upmqtguy, but Mopsy might be. I’ll send her an e-mail.

Looking at his pic, I’m pretty sure it is ‘shopped. The guy’s left shoulder is chopped off. From what I know, this is one of those innocent ‘learning curve’ mistakes that many of our newer farktographers make.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You should be good to go on your entries now. Restored the originals, and made some other changes, so hopefully that won’t happen again.

Re: upmqtguy: Agree it looks ‘shopped and also agree it’s almost certainly an innocent newbie mistake. Just want to be sure he knows what’s up.

U-Man
    Participant

Thanks again and I sent a message off to Mopsy regarding upmqtguy.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks. 🙂

FutherMucker
    Participant

Darn ! Another (deleted: Broken image) message again. 🙁 I don’t get it.

mopsy
    Participant

Thanks again and I sent a message off to Mopsy regarding upmqtguy.

I was going to give him a call today but the book store was a zoo with all the last minute shopping and I just forgot. He is aware about no photoshopping so I would be surprised if he did. But you and the rest of the more experienced Farkers are better at picking those techniques out. One thing I know, he would not intentionally break the rules, however, he may have forgotten. I just don’t know!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

FutherMucker:Got yours restored. Dunno why it would drop other than some hosting sites have a tough time with Fark traffic and they hiccup. Should be fine, now, but let me know if it drops again. I’ll be in and out over the next couple days.

mopsy: It’s fine. It may have just been confusing since we allow adding text for this contest, and he may have thought that meant other PS techniques could be used as well. It didn’t strike me as willfully flaunting of the rules or anything, just confusion or honest mistake.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and Happy Friday to those who don’t! Farktography’s a pretty special group of people to me, and I enjoy seeing the world through your all’s eyes (sorry for the Midwestern plural possessive). Hope everyone has a lovely day.

orionid
    Participant

I believe that’s spoken “Y’all’s.” At least, on my side of the Appalachians.

/appa LATCH ins

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘12-23-09 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 3’ is closed to new replies.