12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

I am most definitely going to try to take a ton of pictures and learn every thing I can about this camera and photography in general.I guess I’m gonna go broke buying more lenses. But I can think of much worse ways to go broke.

All I’ll say, is this……Choose your lenses wisely….Look at Sigma, Tamron & other off the wall names…You need not go with Canon glass to get the results you’re looking for.

/Just sayin’.
    //Trust me. 8)

Yeah, lenses are a hard choice.

My suggestion is the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, and either a 50mm f/1.8 or 35mm f/2

U-Man
    Participant

Looks like it’s a Mother/Son grudge match for this one. Now, U-Man, you’re not going to deny your Mother a well deserved win, and on Christmas, are you??

I’d love to throw in a “BRING IT, BIA….” right here but that would be sooo wrong. Plus Mopsy has a comfortable lead right now. I’m happy for her – first (probable) win and all. I must say, it is the best one this week.

U-Man
    Participant

Yeah, lenses are a hard choice.

I’m sure this discussion has been held in some thread. But what are your favorite off-brand (non-Nikon, non-Canon) lenses? What lens do you walk around with? Which ones are your fav’s for specialty work?

I started a thread over in the Hardware section of the forum.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well deserved congrats to Mopsy this week–definitely one of my favorites from this thread. Hope everyone had good holidays!

mopsy
    Participant

Thank you Elsinore for your nice comment. Happy New Year to everyone.

orionid
    Participant

Aw Christ, not another KFC bucket.

I just went back and read the thread with the KFC bucket. I had to laugh, but I feel your pain. And will probably feel it more. After the money shots theme and seeing some of the historical top performers, I think I will be attempting alot more trick photography. I’m already gearing up an idea for lunacy……

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II’ is closed to new replies.