12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Think I found the problem. Try again now?

Sweetness. Thanks a lot. Got my token one-vote whoring in. Though I do now wonder how many were lost in the fray. Edit: Or if it happened to anyone else. /Edit No worries though, it’s all for fun, right?

Mind if I ask what it was? Especially if maybe I screwed something up in posting. (not to detract from your holiday-ness. Go have fun, I can wait on the details)

Have a blessed Christmas to all (who choose to celebrate), and Happy Solstice, Hannukah, kwanza, festivus, or any other holiday of your choosing to everyone else.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It wasn’t anything you did, rather just a glitch in the matrix. It did hit someone else, though (no one on here), but they’re fixxored now. I’m sorry I figured it out so late 🙁

Happy holidays to you, though!

jpatten
    Participant

Yah! Top 5 … Of course it may be only due to the limited number of entries.. But I will take my high ranking, and use it for comfort on cold lonely nights…

nobigdeal
    Participant

Great jorb this week guys!

High quality for a low turnout.

U-man…way to go above and beyond for the cause!!

*applause*

olavf
    Participant

Yah! Top 5 … Of course it may be only due to the limited number of entries.. But I will take my high ranking, and use it for comfort on cold lonely nights…

Hush you. I’m trying to revel in the fact that I’ve got a better finish in the works than the one I got for the ‘Inept’ contest 😉

Which was my first top-ten evar…

FutherMucker
    Participant

Guess my combination Birthday/Christmas card isn’t going over so well.

/Farkin’ heathens !! 😆

jpatten
    Participant

For Next years do I have to spell out Fark in Christmas lights or something? …

Its not Christmas, its fark.com 😛

olavf
    Participant

For Next years do I have to spell out Fark in Christmas lights or something? …

Its not Christmas, its fark.com 😛

Next year I think I’m going to have to spell out ‘Fark’ on my cat.

Or maybe my Kat, but I’ve noticed that borderline NSFW pics don’t tend to do so well…

lokisbong
    Participant

I just got home from spending the last 30 some odd hours at mom n dad’s. I figured its to late this time. On the plus side most of my pictures will be on my Xmas present from my mom from now on. Canon EOS Rebel XS 18-55IS Kit. I almost fainted. I asked her half jokingly for a dslr for Christmas like 6 months ago and she lied to me for I don’t even know how long. She is so awesome!

FutherMucker
    Participant

Congrats, lokisbong,….Some people can make that kit lens sing…..I hope you’re one of them !!
    8)

Most importantly…..Have fun with your new toy !!!

Merry Christmas !!!! 😀

Toy = Awesome Tool !!!

lokisbong
    Participant

I am most definitely going to try to take a ton of pictures and learn every thing I can about this camera and photography in general.I guess I’m gonna go broke buying more lenses. But I can think of much worse ways to go broke.

FutherMucker
    Participant

I am most definitely going to try to take a ton of pictures and learn every thing I can about this camera and photography in general.I guess I’m gonna go broke buying more lenses. But I can think of much worse ways to go broke.

All I’ll say, is this……Choose your lenses wisely….Look at Sigma, Tamron & other off the wall names…You need not go with Canon glass to get the results you’re looking for.

/Just sayin’.
    //Trust me. 8)

olavf
    Participant

All I’ll say, is this……Choose your lenses wisely….Look at Sigma, Tamron & other off the wall names…You need not go with Canon glass to get the results you’re looking for.

/Just sayin’.
    //Trust me. 8)

Although, if you gotta buy one….

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Standard-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00009XVCZ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230280555&sr=8-1

I’ve had more fun with this lens lately than anything else I think.

jpatten
    Participant

I just got my wife the XS and KIT lens for Christmas. I have the XT and Kit lens (non-IS) and a Sigma 70-300

FutherMucker
    Participant

Although, if you gotta buy one….

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Standard-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00009XVCZ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230280555&sr=8-1

I’ve had more fun with this lens lately than anything else I think.

I considered the Canon, but went with this one instead….I wanted to go a bit wider than the 50mm….Both are great lenses, and the f1.4 is awesome for low light conditions, without a flash.

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-30mm-Canon-Digital-Cameras/dp/B0007U0GZM

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II’ is closed to new replies.