12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Images that would make great Holiday cards. Please note: For this week’s theme, you may add text to your images if you wish, though it is not required. All other Farktography rules apply, however.

corsec67
    Participant

For reference, Season’s Greetings Cards

I think I might be using my Lensbabies and star aperture for this one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Like sleeping did there, 5th one down? 😉

corsec67
    Participant

Woah, a building covered in a nice grid of christmas lights at night + lensbabies with a star aperture = WOW, That is awesome!!

swampa
    Participant
    corsec67
    Participant

Haha, I thought my first entry would be even slightly inappropriate, and then I saw U-Man’s 2008-12-24 08:04:20 PM, and started laughing.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, so was the squirrel held up to make the reflection or layered in in post processing?

U-Man
    Participant

Ok, so was the squirrel held up to make the reflection or layered in in post processing?

Aw Christ, not another KFC bucket. 🙂

Mr. Squirrel McNuts was googled and printed. Then he was cut out and suspended by four pieces of black thread taped to the back side. I started to cut a jagged edge around his tail and quickly gave up. But you can see three or four notches along the side of his tail (on our left, his right). I didn’t want a bunch of camera and me in the reflection so I shot it from across the room with a 300 mm zoom.

/did this at my mom’s house.
    //my nephew told me twice that I had him hanging the wrong way (meaning he should be facing outwards)
    ///my daughter says, “Dad, that’s just wrong.”

To remove any trace of doubt, here’s a shot that includes the printed paper. This was one of the first attempts. I had to go with the multiple thread method because he was spinning.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Aw Christ, not another KFC bucket. :)[/img]

lol no, I didn’t mean it quite like that. I just couldn’t figure out how you did it. The curvature of the ornament helps hide any flaws.

orionid
    Participant

I figured it was something to that effect as soon as I got done wiping the beer off of my dad’s keyboard….. (the same beer that was in my pic improvised at the last minute after going “ah shit, I forgot my laptop” at the wrong end of an 8 hour drive). I laughed, I snortled, I voted.

/don’t like Miller
    //still tasted great after upsetment about forgetting laptop
    ///Where can I buy my dark beers on Christmas day?

orionid
    Participant

Did fark turn off the ability to vote for yourself?

/zero votes makes me frownie.
    //Always votewhore myself for one vote just to make sure I get FSM credit.

olavf
    Participant

/zero votes makes me frownie.
    //Always votewhore myself for one vote just to make sure I get FSM credit.

Not that I’m aware of, unless it’s something new that no one told me about :/

But you’ll get at least one Friday or Sat morning when I do mine.
    /though you’re at nine…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like it’s a Mother/Son grudge match for this one. Now, U-Man, you’re not going to deny your Mother a well deserved win, and on Christmas, are you?? 😉

Not that I know of. I still see a vote box next to my entries, anyway.

/don’t like Miller

dude, millera9 is a hell of a guy, don’t hate.

Merry Christmas, Farkrtographers. Thanks for making my year more fun than it would have been otherwise.

orionid
    Participant

/though you’re at nine…

Okay, now this is really weird if other people can see my votes. This is what I’m getting (From my dad’s comp, I’ll be able to compare against mine tomorrow eve):

View thread, vote for the ones I like, get confirmation page showing total number of votes. Vote for mine, get blank confirmation page. Vote again for one voted previously (someone else’s), get confirmation page with same/unchanged number of votes displayed. Vote again for mine, get blank confirmation page again.

View vote results, see lots of photos with numbers of votes, don’t see mine.

Being logged in or out doesn’t seem to make a difference, and everything was repeated identically on my mom’s computer.

dude, millera9 is a hell of a guy, don’t hate.

I actually love alot of his photos….. It’s just his brewing where I have issues. Use more hopps, less malt, more spice, brew it longer….. Hell, nevermind, just get me a nice dark lager or stout.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Think I found the problem. Try again now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘12-24-08 – Season’s Greetings Cards II’ is closed to new replies.