12-26-07 – Simply Beautiful

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-26-07 – Simply Beautiful

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    FutherMucker
    Participant

with a fairly predictable winner.

Really ?

Without to see what photos are to enter contest, I predict that you prediction is not so much predictable. If many Farktographers will view this thread, I have feeling that you will have suprise on this, kmmontandon.

May I ask it…..What type image you predict will win?

Curious, because I have look on these contest for 1 year, and I have NEVER to pick the real winner yet. It’s maybe I have bad taste, or all of voters have better on me. Please to tell.

Curious
    Participant

with a fairly predictable winner.

Really ?

Without to see what photos are to enter contest, I predict that you prediction is not so much predictable. If many Farktographers will view this thread, I have feeling that you will have suprise on this, kmmontandon.

May I ask it…..What type image you predict will win?

Curious, because I have look on these contest for 1 year, and I have NEVER to pick the real winner yet. It’s maybe I have bad taste, or all of voters have better on me. Please to tell.

i think the point was plain = ordinary therefore highlighting the beauty in a flower or sunset = contest entry = votes. and if past experiance is a good guide that is what will happen. not that there’s anything wrong with that.

those that strive for the more artistic (whatever that may be) will get votes but not end up in the top five. keep in mind that the voting is open to any farker with an active account. and the attention span of a gnat. ooops didn’t mean to say that out loud 🙂

and if you’re looking for voting trends macros, sunrise/sunset, kids and variations on drinking or sex tend to do well. combine any of those with better than average technical skills and your golden.

FutherMucker
    Participant

😆 😆 😆

Thank you for the reply !

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

It’s maybe I have bad taste, or all of voters have better on me. Please to tell.

Yes, you should know it is because you have bad taste, -AND- all of the voters are better than you. 😀 😀 😀 jk *ducks

Flavivirus
    Participant

I don’t think “nothing complex” is a guideline – it’s just saying that the topic isn’t complicated.

As well, I predict lots of close-up pictures of flowers and sunsets, with a fairly predictable winner. Which is why I prefer more narrow themes, as the obvious ones have obvious winners …

How… bizarre. I can see why you predicted what you did, given that your posts contain a 2 sunsets/sunrises, as well as a closeup of a flower. So far the entries look great, lots of cool ideas. Yet, I’m really surprised by the tone of your post here in relation to your own entries.

USAFretired
    Participant

Not trying to start an argument , (more like a debate) This photo was deleted… Before posting it, I took a long look at the pic and at the rules and I felt the sunset was the main subject not the people..I mean ..Wheres the beauty in 2 silhouettes?
    Opinions?

FutherMucker
    Participant

It’s prediction that voting % will be shit for me on this. I can to find beauty in so MANY thing that maybe others will not see it. Is easy for eyes to find beauty if you have see so much ugly.

Good wishes for contest !

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not trying to start an argument , (more like a debate) This photo was deleted… Before posting it, I took a long look at the pic and at the rules and I felt the sunset was the main subject not the people..I mean ..Wheres the beauty in 2 silhouettes?
    Opinions?

How about posting just a sunset without people? If you need the silhouettes for the composition, then I’d suggest that they’re just as important as the sunset.

kmmontandon
    Participant

How… bizarre. I can see why you predicted what you did, given that your posts contain a 2 sunsets/sunrises, as well as a closeup of a flower. So far the entries look great, lots of cool ideas. Yet, I’m really surprised by the tone of your post here in relation to your own entries.

I’m no mold breaker.

Also, I was in a rush when 5:00pm rolled around, so didn’t sort through my pictures quite as carefully as I should of for something … interesting.

And yeah, I made that prediction because I knew that’s what I’d settle for doing … I’m so lazy.

the_cnidarian
    Participant

Hello, I just posted my first entries in a contest. I hope y’all like ’em. I’ll be looking forward to the “Utility Poles” contest as I have a couple of excellent ones in mind.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Welcome aboard!!

FutherMucker
    Participant

Hello, I just posted my first entries in a contest. I hope y’all like ’em. I’ll be looking forward to the “Utility Poles” contest as I have a couple of excellent ones in mind.

Welcome here !

May the Horde receive you well !

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had one too many entries this time and had to drop one. My SO picked this one, which ironically was my favorite… So I’m posting it here for the hell of it.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Corrosion in conformity. I really do like this view ! However, not many will see the beauty in this look. It probably was good call to cut it.

Cheers !

Uranus
    Participant

It’s prediction that voting % will be shit for me on this. I can to find beauty in so MANY thing that maybe others will not see it. Is easy for eyes to find beauty if you have see so much ugly.

Good wishes for contest !

it’s my prediction that i’ve just done my bit to mess up your prediction…today all my votes have gone to mundane subject items which are overlooked every day…those farktographers know who they are.

and i’m damned if messing about with a marble, some bicycle lamps and some glo-sticks didn’t give me more pleasure than i’ve had all year, so the votes don’t matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘12-26-07 – Simply Beautiful’ is closed to new replies.