12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Difficulty – don’t get arrested or beat up by the station owner 😉
    Thanks to CaptainJim for this week’s theme.

Diggin
    Participant
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Whoa…I wouldn’t have even thought about that! I fired off my flash when I took a couple pictures at a gas station but 1) it was my puny on-camera popup flash, and 2) the station has been shutdown, so it’s unlikely there’d be gasoline vapors anyway. But your post sure sparked some discussion, eh? So did you get some pictures yet?

millera9
    Participant

Lol, you almost started a flame-war!

Get it….flame-war?…it’s a thread about starting fires…..

/man I really need to start getting more sleep…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

*throws tomatoes at millera9*

Diggin
    Participant

No… no pictures yet. It’s very hard for me to get out and take pictures. I’m either working my ass off, like right now but on a quick lunch break, or I’m getting the kids from school and getting them fed and ready for bed. Time flies fast and I hardly have time for anything else. The weekend was blistering cold and I had a sick kid so I couldn’t get out to take a picture but I plan on getting a few shots on my way home today if I leave early. Hopefully, they’ll be worth posting…

Claff
    Participant

I had a sick kid as well this weekend: me

I think I’m all better now.

swampa
    Participant

I was more worried about the mirror motor would cause a spark than the flash, but as the motor is inside the camera it too should be safe.

If I’m wrong, just think of the photo and entry in next years Darwin awards 😛

monkeybort
    Participant

linky

green at 3:54 am.

yikes.

mikemikeb
    Participant

Has someone in more authority than me submitted a Farkback? Maybe a midnight-or-so greenlight?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Farkback sent requesting earlier greenlight.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ya know, I think there was something about Drew being in England tomorrow–he might be on a plane, though I sent my farkback to all of them. Sure hope they get on it soon….especially getting tubgirl deleted *shudder*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

phew! btw, we played jarts at my grandparents at all the family get togethers growing up–hella fun! and I think I still have our knickerknockers somewhere. They were a beautiful royal blue…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

w00t!

This article posted to the Main page on Thu, 07 Dec 2006 at 1:15 AM

mikemikeb
    Participant

“This article posted to the Main page on Thu, 07 Dec 2006 at 1:15 AM”

EDIT: Did a minute and a half or so pass that fast?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps’ is closed to new replies.