12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

If I could find them somewhere in the boxes that clutter my basement, I don’t think I could part with them! My sister has the jarts…we play them now at get togethers at her place. damn…now I want to find those knockers…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

EDIT: Did a minute and a half or so pass that fast?

Apparently so 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

eep! Hope it’s better soon!

Morningbreath
    Participant

Happy Birthday Galleywench. Monday was my birthday too!

monkeybort
    Participant

happy bdays galley and morningbreath! glad your back is feeling better, GW. i will look for the lights tonight – i didn’t see your post until just this morning.

happy thursday all!

Curious
    Participant

glad your back is better GalleyWench
    and happy birthday to you and Morningbreath

it’s 9:16 AM here and there are 95 “comments” in the contest. and a lot are indeed comments. but the voting seems to be running in the same numbers as other contests. ergo the theme was tough for a lot of people to do. or they weren’t inspired. glad the time got fixed since that took a variable out.

personally i wasn’t. i knew that old picture was somewhere in my files and glad to find it. and my other ideas involved buying props which seemed kind of silly in the final analysis.

schnee
    Participant

The Distinct by Theme report shows that Farktography in general is on a bit of a downward trend from a participation POV. Too early to tell how the Total Votes will work out.

Next week is H20 – everyone’s got photos of water.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Another happy birthday to Morningbreath and Galleywench! Glad your back’s better, Galleywench!

Curious: I agree the participation is kind of low, though the current vote rundown is 31 votes in first, 23 in second, and 19 in third, which seems a little high for 10:45am, so we’ll see how it plays out. What I think is more significant, though, is that there are several folks who entered after the contest went green, but they’re doing pretty well in votes (including the current top vote-getter). That’s nice to see 🙂

btw, Curious, I loved your shot 😉

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Btw, I just checked my yahoo mail and I had an email in there from Drew apologizing for not getting on the greenlight time farkback sooner and saying he’d just gotten the message cause he was on a plane all night. I let him know someone took care of it.

Curious
    Participant

btw, Curious, I loved your shot

thanks, brings back fond memories of wandering the hill country and then time in the darkroom.

re greenlight time, i’m thinking that will get more consistent as all the Fark admins get on board. i.e. Drew spreads the word.

monkeybort
    Participant

happy bdays galley and morningbreath! glad your back is feeling better, GW. i will look for the lights tonight – i didn’t see your post until just this morning.

happy thursday all!

Thanks.:) I hope you have clear skies, tonight is supposed to be better.

i’ll keep an eye out – they’re pretty rare here, so it’s really a treat to see them.

Curious
    Participant

Also, I don’t know about anybody else, but
    I don’t vote until Thursday.

Thanks Curious, and I liked that shot of yours too. Good thing you found it!

i wait to vote also.

and thanks. once in a while i post stuff that i really like and this is one of them. it’s not great art but it does have a lot of good memories associated with it. i’m glad others like it.

schnee
    Participant

thanks, brings back fond memories of wandering the hill country and then time in the darkroom.

When were you in the Hill Country? I’m there right now.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

“I am Lothar, of the Hill People!”

/dork
    //not obscure

Curious
    Participant

schnne yeah i know. it’s in (or is) your location. but you have literally ten time the folks there now than i did. moved to austin dec. ’69 and lived on the lake just about a mile downstream from lake travis. got all that really cold water from the bottom of the dam. it barely turned over before reaching our docks. moved from the lake to jollyville rd (old hwy 183) about 2 miles north of burnet road in spring of ’74. bought a house on payne in spring of ’76 and left there the spring of ’78 to move down here.

jeez, just looked at google earth. lord has that area changed. there’s a business park about where i used to live. and highways and freeways everywhere. mopac was still a dream when i left. worked for glastron boat co. from feb ’70 – oct ’75. spent a lot of time out around webberville and the surrounding areas.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps’ is closed to new replies.