12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Curious – ’69 to ’78? must have been a very different place. My house was built in ’68 (I live a mile south of Zilker Park). If you’re ever back, let me know and we’ll get a beer or something.

Curious
    Participant

If you’re ever back, let me know and we’ll get a beer or something.

ok, but don’t hold your breath. there is a large part of me that would rather remember it as it was.

veterans bvld in metairie could pass for what burnet road was. strip mall after strip mall. put down blindfolded then unmasked you wouldn’t know where you were. unfortunately that is happening around here now. and by here i mean on the northshore. and it just is getting worse since the influx of people post katrina.

but the bats still fly out at dark from the congress avenue bridge so all is well.

wvsky
    Participant

Can someone tell me where to post my photo of a gas station please?

monkeybort
    Participant

wvsky – you’ll have to sign up at http://www.fark.com, and then go to this thread.

the contests are every week and you can find the upcoming themes on the front page of this site (click on ‘welcome’ on the left side of this page – contests are in a bar on the right side of the page).

hope that helps!

wvsky
    Participant

OK.. I’m signed in… I see the photos.. but nothing about entering photo links.

Curious
    Participant

wvsky go here http://imagehostadvisory.com/ to check out free (and not free) image hosts. also some folks use their ISP’s free hosting, some flicker (or however it’s spelled) and various other places. be sure to pick one that can take a high transfer though. you don’t want your picture to turn into a red X ten minutes into the contest.

if you right click the entries and look at properties you can see where folks host their stuff.

also see my comment on the next page.

Curious
    Participant

hope i beat you posting this time 🙂

once you have a fark account and your image hosted somewhere go to the comments block at the bottom of the contest. type in this:

that will post your image into the thread/contest. also be sure to check the “enable voting” block before posting. and you might want to use the preview feature, just in case.

wvsky
    Participant

I have my own website from where to host the photo. ( It’s already there). My problem is that I cant find the area here on Fark to submit the URL to the photo. I see nothing that says “enter URL or Link here”… or anything else that might help me. What am I missing?

Thanks!

wvsky
    Participant

Haha… too late. OK… now I’ll try to locate the comments block.

monkeybort
    Participant

you have to type in the code at the bottom of the page – there is a box for comments at the bottom of the contest thread.

it doesn’t help at all that i originally gave you a link for the voting results page rather than the contest page. sorry about that. 😳

wvsky
    Participant

Thanks! Found it. With two different passwords and log-in names required, it gets a little tricky the first time.

monkeybort
    Participant

ha, i’ll bet. that’s why i’m monkeybort pretty much everywhere on the web – can’t remember more than one name.

well, that one and my RL name, that is.

🙂

welcome aboard!

wvsky
    Participant

Ok… I give up. Every time I entered the photo, I was told that it was too big.

http://www.mywvhome.com/gas2.jpg

I followed the rules. The photo is under 700 pixels and under 200 KB. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but guess I’ll give up.

Thanks for the help anyway!

wvsky
    Participant

Here’s what the rules state:

“Consider linking rather than displaying an image if it is larger than 70KB. Entries larger than 200KB will be automatically rejected.”

OK… I followed the rules. So how can it be too big? I’m under 200 KB and have linked it.

wvsky
    Participant

Ok.. finally 🙂

I resized it to almost half, and it was accepted.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘12-6-06 – Gas stations and pumps’ is closed to new replies.