2010 Farktography Party

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill 2010 Farktography Party

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

Basically here’s what the consensus has suggested:

Pacific Northwest Farktograparty
    July 1 – 5th, 2010

A General Schedule:

1st – Arrivals, introductions, imbibing, bowling
    2nd – Additional arrivals, Boeing Air Museum, Historic Pioneer Square & Pike Place Market, downtown Seattle
    3rd – International Beer Festival, downtown Seattle
    4th – Olympic National Forest or Mt. Rainier National Park & downtown Tacoma + fireworks in the evening from somewhere along the Sound
    5th – Last minute things & departures

Because staying in Seattle is expensive, I would suggest hotels in the Tukwila, WA area. I have a friend that works at one of the hotels near Southcenter Mall and I will see if he can get us some rooms for a good price. This is centrally located to all the Sea-Tac attractions and near the airport.

I can drive up to four other people around, if we have more attendees than that someone will need to rent another vehicle or we can all chip in and rent a big van. There is no convenient public transportation system here besides walking.

Current Guest Estimate: 6

Kestrana
    Participant

If anyone else lives up here and wants to help out, please let me know!

olavf
    Participant

We’re going to put it on the calendar and cross our fingers. Any luck we’ll make an epic road trip and grab some folks on the way.
    /thinking about heading up in a rental

lokisbong
    Participant

I am going to do every thing in my powers to get the week off I would need. Oh and save enough cash for all the beer and sleeping arrangements. how is the weather that time of year? Would camping in a tent be feasible?

Kestrana
    Participant

Weather at that time of year is generally highs of 75-85 degrees with lows as cool as mid-50s at night. July is also by far the clearest and driest month of the year with an average of 4-5 clear days a week and avg. rainfall under 1 inch a week. Although relative humidity is high, this is not humidity like the midwesterners know it. There are also very few bugs – no mosquitoes for one thing – but spiders are plentiful.

There is a KOA campground located in Kent, WA very close to Tukwila. If people are interested in camping and we all want to camp, I would be down for that. Camping’s also available in all the major national and state parks in the area during the summer.

Hope you guys can make it Olav, I’ll do whatever I can to seek out the most affordable options. If I lived in a house I would happily put everyone up but my little apartment really isn’t available for a large group of guests. If we choose a hotel option in Tukwila I will also be staying there because I won’t want to drive all the way back to my place in the South Sound.

Maybe I’ll play the lottery between now and then. Mom always says I’m lucky.

Kestrana
    Participant

I have my time off approved for this event. Also when I was looking at the schedule I initially thought the 4th was on Sunday, not Saturday. So maybe shift everything one day later? 2-6th being Thursday through Monday?

olavf
    Participant

Well, it was Thurs-Mon last year anyway. This year it’d be Fri-Tues 😉

I’m not sure how much time I’m going to be able to get off, but how much time we can spend depends on how we get up there. Eets a long drive…

Kestrana
    Participant

Oh then I was right. I was going for Thurs – Mon. I wonder what calendar I was looking at then.

olavf
    Participant

Probably 2009 😉

I’m good either way as far as the timing goes. It really depends on how many days I can get away with taking off. Which ones don’t matter so much 😛

Kestrana
    Participant

Well I’ll leave it as it stands then.

Kestrana
    Participant

Well, considering I’m moving across the country at the end of the month, I won’t be available to host the Farktography party in Seattle at this time. I’m still happy to be a host in my new location, which is actually still TBD, but will be decidedly east coast, not west.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘2010 Farktography Party’ is closed to new replies.