2012 photo projects anyone?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill 2012 photo projects anyone?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

I think I have decided to do a “good picture a week” as opposed to just a picture a day/week. Because last year there were a fair number of days where I just posted a picture even if it sucked. So I will scale back to once a week and try to pick some subject each week and post the best shot I can make myself get of that subject/victim.

Farktographer
    Participant

Y’all have motivated me. I’ll plan on going once a week to a new neighbourhood in my area, taking a photo of the street sign, and then taking several photos of the area that I feel embody the flavour of the street. It’ll get me to explore my town a bit more, and force me to be more active in my shooting even in the busy weeks.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Some great ideas here. My resolution last year was to try to shoot at least one entry per contest but that only lasted about 3 months before work more or less put an end to that.

ravnostic
    Participant

There’s this online contest thingy where every week is a different theme, and you can post up to three pictures. It can be kind of tricky, I’m to understand, as the people who vote are notoriously fickle and such, but I think this year I’m going to try to participate with three pictures every week.

Funny that you mention this. I was thinking of making this my 2012 project. However, already I’m struggling to find content for the first contest of the year. Gah!

Come to my desert. There’s plenty of room for all.

clouddancer
    Participant

An actual photo-taking resolution/goal? Not so much. But I would like to catch up more on my scrapbooking and take better pictures for the Farktography contests. It would be nice to win one, but I think I have a slower learning curve on this than most; or I simply don’t jive with the voters.

I mention the scrapbooking because its turned into more than just pictures of the kids. I’m printing now some that are intended to go in a scrapbook all their own of pictures I like or I think turned out decently (mostly flora/fauna and such). I only got up to February of 2011 before I ran out of pictures, and just yesterday I went through some more to get them ready to send to printing, and I only got to July before I decided that 477 prints would be enough. Now just to have those printed so I can get them in their respective books.

Also, I’d like to participate more in the G+ photography community. I think I could learn a lot there, as well.

ravnostic
    Participant

It would be nice to win one, but I think I have a slower learning curve on this than most; or I simply don’t jive with the voters.
    Also, I’d like to participate more in the G+ photography community. I think I could learn a lot there, as well.

One thing I’ve picked up on from the G+’rs is to critique photography. Decide why you like a shot, what elements you like about it, the colors, range, tone, lines, curves, bokeh, ‘flavors’–whatever. Define what’s made a shot good for you. Then emulate that.

And–this is what crop, and white balance, and a few other things are made for. You’ve had some good shots–some great ones–that could be made better in post processing. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘2012 photo projects anyone?’ is closed to new replies.