3-7-07 – Everyday Heroes

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 3-7-07 – Everyday Heroes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: Photograph those unsung heroes who give without asking for anything in return.

veruca
    Participant

schnee – i’d like to apologize for not getting to this one much sooner. i came across it last night when i was going through the theme thread and about smacked myself on the forehead. if you’d like to expand upon the theme description please let me know.

schnee
    Participant

schnee – i’d like to apologize for not getting to this one much sooner

Methinks you worry too much. have a margarita.

if you’d like to expand upon the theme description please let me know.

LGTI, I’m thinking about people who aren’t in “heroic” roles doing “heroic” things, even something as simple as holding open a door for someone who really needs that door opened (as opposed to holding a door b/c of good manners).

Ottos_Jacket
    Participant

Even if I didn’t have an entry ready I would be looking forward to this one.

I’m thinking about people who aren’t in “heroic” roles doing “heroic” things, even something as simple as holding open a door for someone who really needs that door opened (as opposed to holding a door b/c of good manners).

Are you sure you want to make it that broad? And by broad, I’m talking about my sister…seeing a picture of somebody hold the door for her as she heads into the local Burger King might be good manners, but I don’t think it would make a compelling shot. The heroic shot would be somebody blocking it actually. 🙂

schnee
    Participant

I’m thinking about people who aren’t in “heroic” roles doing “heroic” things, even something as simple as holding open a door for someone who really needs that door opened (as opposed to holding a door b/c of good manners).

Are you sure you want to make it that broad? And by broad, I’m talking about my sister…seeing a picture of somebody hold the door for her as she heads into the local Burger King might be good manners, but I don’t think it would make a compelling shot. The heroic shot would be somebody blocking it actually. 🙂

Agreed, I don’t want to see pictures of well-mannered people (see bolded text). I guess I would like to see photographs of “typical” heroes (firefighters, police officer, medical personnel) but I really want to see photographs of people going out of their way to help someone else out. Does that make sense?

anneb
    Participant

Occasionally, though, there is the shot of someone holding a door for someone else, where the shot contains the answer to the question “why should I care?“, i.e. why is this door holding more special (and heroic) than all other door holdings? And that shot will be damned good, and we will all want to see it!

Of course, with my sense of timing, I will only ever stumble on that shot opportunity on a week that Farktography has the theme, “still life with rocks.”

schnee
    Participant

Occasionally, though, there is the shot of someone holding a door for someone else, where the shot contains the answer to the question “why should I care?“, i.e. why is this door holding more special (and heroic) than all other door holdings? And that shot will be damned good, and we will all want to see it!

Yes, well said.

I don’t have a shot like this in the archives, but I wish I did.

Ottos_Jacket
    Participant

Occasionally, though, there is the shot of someone holding a door for someone else, where the shot contains the answer to the question “why should I care?”, i.e. why is this door holding more special (and heroic) than all other door holdings? And that shot will be damned good, and we will all want to see it!

I totally agree (little old lady smiling at the helpful boy scout, etc.)…I wasn’t really being serious, I was just taking a cheap shot at my sister who had worked her way under my skin earlier that day. 🙂

zeke
    Participant
    Morningbreath
    Participant

I, for one, have absolutely nothing for this week.

zeke
    Participant

I, for one, have absolutely nothing for this week.

Given the onslaught of posts so far… you’re in good company.

millera9
    Participant

Yeah, I came up empty too. I ended up using that nothingness as my photo. Maybe I’ll think of something on the drive home from work but if not, this will be my first contest without 3 entries since I started participating weekly. 🙁

zeke
    Participant

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 08 Mar 2007 at 12:24 AM.

swampa
    Participant

I really wanted to get a photo of a police/ambulance/firetruck all lit up but I didn’t have enough time to stake out said establishments (or risk terrorist charges :P). Oh well bring on next week … hopefully!

veruca
    Participant

i dug through the archives – not my strongest shots ever but i do like the one of my dad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘3-7-07 – Everyday Heroes’ is closed to new replies.