4-10-13 – Enter (or Exit) Here

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 4-10-13 – Enter (or Exit) Here

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Total archive dive with not a whole lot to pick from this time around. Had my mind on other things the last few weeks.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks Yugo! You didn’t have to post them all first, though! ;o)

As it happened, clouds rolled in, I napped, and by then the clouds rolled out and I’d be *perfectly* situated for a night of astrotogging. But I didn’t prepare, because clouds had rolled in.

Damn. Tomorrow. I’ll go tomorrow. Tonight I’ll just take the 300mm out and see if I can get a 10 hour old moon.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Total archive dive with not a whole lot to pick from this time around.

^ Ditto. Hopefully I didn’t take too liberal of an interpretation. I didn’t have much to go on but didn’t want to skip another week, either.

Yugoboy
    Participant

No problem rav.

I figured there’d be competition and the shots would be broken up. When I saw what I had done, I went ahead and posted the two I already had ready. My original intent was to post yours early and then post mine in the 9:00 hour so I’d have them all posted together. It’s one of the few things I like about being a ‘liter.
    It’s the being forced to wait until midnight every week that sucks (but only sometimes, because usually I’m up at midnight anyway).

orionid
    Participant

Damnit, I forgot what day it way. Stoopid night shifts. Oh, well, only had a couple half-assed entries playing on crude humor, so no biggie. Next time, gadget. Next time.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Damnit, I forgot what day it way. Stoopid night shifts. Oh, well, only had a couple half-assed entries playing on crude humor, so no biggie. Next time, gadget. Next time.

Same here, except the night shift, just busy. Realized Thursday that I missed it.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hey uh…why is the thread closed already?

ravnostic
    Participant

WTF? NBD is right! That’s new…

ravnostic
    Participant

That makes it the least voted-upon contest, evar. :o(

orionid
    Participant

That makes it the least voted-upon contest, evar. :o(

Less than the Christmas Eve pinhole? Wow.

ravnostic
    Participant

Stats, Oh, bibliosaucuses?

orionid
    Participant

Stats, Oh, bibliosaucuses?

So after digging through bibliostats, Pinhole had 333 votes total while thisone had 170. But Farktography 1, 2, and 3 all had less than 100 making this the fourth lowest scoring contest and the lowest since farktography’s early inception.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats again to Ranger Joe/cameraflage on the individual win and to Queen Mab on the combined win.

Was the early close this week an attempt to average out the late closes the previous weeks? Weird. I didn’t even get a chance to vote since I usually do that Saturday.

As for contests with the least votes, orionid‘s right – this is the lowest vote total since the rules were standardized at contest #7. There are actually 5 other “official” contests with lower vote totals than Pinhole, and unfortunately, they’re all somewhat recent. As a matter of fact, except for Pinhole, all of the top ten lowest vote count contests have been since 2012:

Contest #   ContestDate   Theme                                Votes

414 2013-04-10 Enter (or Exit) Here 170
    392 2012-11-07 Close Encounters of the Third Kind 281
    413 2013-04-03 Ghost Towns 299
    357 2012-03-07 Instant Inspiration 302
    407 2013-02-20 Office Space 331
    187 2008-12-03 Pinhole Camera 333
    400 2013-01-02 Lights, Camera, Caption 335
    399 2012-12-26 Red Light, Green Light 351
    412 2013-03-27 The Onion on Your Belt 364
    368 2012-05-23 Sleeve-faced 385

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

On another statistical note, this was Elsinore‘s 364th contest, representing SEVEN UNINTERRUPTED YEARS of Farktographing – congrats Els!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well crap, it closed while I was out doing reunion stuff. They were trying to fixx0r the whole “now it doesn’t close until Monday” thing, but this seems too short hte other way. I’ll ask if we can tweak things.

Congrats to Ranger Joe this week! Loved your pic, and was wondering how you managed to pop flash the sign through the window? Every time I try it just bounces off the glass, so obviously I’m not doing it right 😆

And uh wow…7 years…thanks for making them fun, everyone 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘4-10-13 – Enter (or Exit) Here’ is closed to new replies.