4-25-07 – In a mood

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 4-25-07 – In a mood

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: Photographs should capture the essence of a moody place or person.
    Difficulty: No animals or self portraits in mirrors.

Analogy
    Participant

You should add a Difficulty: No mirrors or other Myspace profile cliches to keep the emo concentration from reaching critical limits. =D

millera9
    Participant

I fully agree that this should be a “no self-portraits” contest.

staplermofo
    Participant

I agree people should be cut out entirely and replaced with staplers.

That’s what you guys were saying right?
    It’s so hard to tell these days.

monkeybort
    Participant

all staplers, all the time.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No self-portraits?? Awww ya’ll are no fun!

Seriously, though, I can get behind the no mirror thing, but I’d think self-timer’d stuff is a bit different (usually). Not that I particularly had plans to do a self-portrait, just leaving options open 😉

millera9
    Participant

I’m just not sure you can accurately capture any mood in yourself if you have to worry about setting up a camera and then getting your pose right. That’s just not what I think of when I imagine a “mood”. On the other hand, monkeybort and Zeke/Elsinore‘s submissions in the 7 Deadly Sins contest sorta disprove what I just said. Meh, whatever! I’m not trying to change the contest or anything, but I won’t be taking any pictures of myself for this one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s no biggie–if the consensus is that we shouldn’t allow self-portraits (and there was talk at one point of doing a self-portrait Farktography classic), then I’m down with it. Whatever folks decide–speak up!

Edited to add: My mention of the potential self-portrait classic theme was made in case we do limit self-portraits in this theme, we can say “Save your self-portraits for the self-portrait theme” yadda yadda.

/Carry on!

swampa
    Participant

All this talk of can we or can’t we is making me moody! 😛

I don’t think it would matter whether you are shooting yourself or others. I know I couldn’t do self-portraits as it will just come down to me pulling faces at the camera so I would opt for annoying other people instead, but I’m sure there are others that can do it properly so I see no reason to stop them (at the end of the day it is still a photograph taken by that person).

millera9
    Participant

swampa intelligently said what I was stammering through incoherently earlier…

Analogy
    Participant

Does the moody subject necessarily have to be human?

zeke
    Participant

Does the moody subject necessarily have to be human?

Suddenly I’m seeing an image of a dejected stapler, sulking the corner.

staplermofo
    Participant

*sulks in the corner*

Analogy
    Participant

Well, I was thinking that pic of my dog I posted in the pet photography thread, but staplers too I guess. Sickos.

Claff
    Participant

I see a whole nuther tired dog/pensive cat contest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘4-25-07 – In a mood’ is closed to new replies.