4-25-07 – In a mood

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 4-25-07 – In a mood

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Morningbreath
    Participant

I can’t even get into a link. there must be a bad script somewhere.

millera9
    Participant

I’m loving all the threads about how the world is ending and how fark has jumped the shark and is ruined. As if the content is any different! Fark isn’t and never was one of those websites where aesthetic value was placed on a high pedestal right next to validity of content. It was always ugly and utilitarian! It was always hard to read! That’s part of the wonder of the community; farkers have come up with their own ways of communicating with eachother so that the threads are readable! If you think back to the first time you ever browsed through a comments thread, you probably didn’t have the foggiest fucking clue what was going on because of all the slashies and bolding and threadjacks and ackbar references! The point is, it’s a rather unique website that has always been rich in experience and content and inside jokes, but poor in graphic design and aesthetic pleasantries. That’s kinda why I like Fark so much; no one gives a shit how it looks because it’s all about calling out the stupid crap that passes for news in our attention deficient, ritalin reliant, uncaring modern society. It’s about looking down upon those other, prettier websites that have spiffy menus but no real interesting articles/users. It’s about not caring how something looks so long as it actually functions as it says it’s going to!

I’m sure the slowness will go away in a couple days/weeks as they tweak and streamline all the changes they’ve made.

/Now, I wonder if I have any pictures to submit tonight…

zeke
    Participant

Sing it brother. I came for the floor show, and stayed for the company. The look of the site had nothing to do with it. That’s not to say I’m a big fan of the new layout by any stretch — but the threads going ape shiat over the change of the look are downright comical 😉

/Edit: Plus, now that the initial crying and gnashing of teeth is over, and maybe some caching is kicking into gear, TF seems to be moving just dandy 🙂

//Second Edit, looks like people got done with dinner and came back to complain more. Hang on, could be bumpy tonight…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Expect a delay in the boobies post. I submitted it at 7:59:34 and I’m still waiting for it to go through at 8:01:34. It’ll be up soon!

zeke
    Participant

(After a burst of gunfire from the Mystery Woman, Jake climbs to his feet, covered in mud from the tunnel floor.)

Jake: It’s good to see you, sweetheart.

Mystery Woman: You contemptible pig! I remained celibate for you. I stood at the back of a cathedral, waiting, in celibacy, for you, with three hundred friends and relatives in attendance. My uncle hired the best Romanian caterers in the state. To obtain the seven limousines for the wedding party, my father used up his last favor with Mad Pete Trullo. So for me, for my mother, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your brother.

Jake, slowly falling to his knees: Oh, please, don’t kill us! Please, please don’t kill us! You know I love you baby! I wouldn’t leave ya! It wasn’t my fault!

Mystery Woman: You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me!

Jake: No I didn’t. Honest! I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn’t have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn’t come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!

(Elwood covers his head in anticipation of more gunfire.)

(Jake removes his sunglasses to make a wordless appeal, and the Mystery Woman visibly softens.)

Mystery Woman: Oh, Jake… Jake, honey…

(Jake embraces the Mystery Woman and they kiss.)

Jake, to Elwood: Let’s go.

(Jake drops the Mystery Woman and walks off.)

Elwood shrugs and says to the Mystery Woman as he steps past her: Take it easy.

(They run down the passage to the car. Mystery Woman follows in the distance.)

(Scene cuts to Jake and Elwood getting in the car. The doors on the car slam shut.)

Elwood: It’s a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And it also didn’t help that I fucked up the link. D’oh. It’s up now…

swampa
    Participant

At least we don’t have to worry about running afoul of the flood filter now 😛

/Nice work on the link Zeke, it makes me want to shake my tailfeather 😛

Curious
    Participant

Elsinore take a look at this fark thread http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2763322 they used our “Farktography” icon. i don’t recognize the flicker user.

it’s on total fark and may take forever to load.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Can anyone verify that it’s hit the main page? I’m looking and refreshing and looking some more and I don’t see it.

anneb
    Participant

I found another photo to process and upload while I was waiting for my first photo to post.
    Is this good? or bad?
    Only my hairdresser knows for sure.

XenPix
    Participant

It’s there now. Showing with 0 comments, but there are actually a bunch of comments. At least for me.

Also, 1am is not the time to have slow Fark 🙁

zeke
    Participant

will post to Main on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 at 12:01 AM

anneb
    Participant

…. clearly, fark itself is taking the lead in setting tone for tonight’s contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

RcMacStudent: It’s on TotalFark now, but won’t post to the main page for Liters until 12:01. If you have TF you should see it now, though.

Curious
    Participant

Also, 1am is not the time to have slow Fark

no, but it may be a fine time to have a …

nevermind 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘4-25-07 – In a mood’ is closed to new replies.