4-4-07 – Stitching

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 4-4-07 – Stitching

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Morningbreath
    Participant

Thanks Galleywench, I will give it a photoshop elements a try this weekend. I wanted to do some stitching of indoor scenes.

Klahanie
    Participant

You’re welcome, have fun. 🙂

zeke
    Participant
    Diggin
    Participant

Of all the contests I can’t submit a picture in it would have to be the one I recommended. I’m sad that I missed another. All of these pictures I’ve been taking (in NEF at 15MB each) have inundated my storage. I ordered a 1TB Iomega RAID but it arrived DOA a few days ago and I’m waiting on a replacement. Since I’m out of disk space my Photoshop CS2 won’t work. All I get is “Scratch Disks are full…” I can’t even crop a picture.

I will say that so far there are some seriously incredible and creative shots. That one off Elsinors deck surprised the hell out of me. That’s the best back yard I’ve ever seen! I could land a plane there with ease.

Analogy
    Participant

Green for when?

swampa
    Participant

The admins haven’t got around to giving it a green time yet.

And Diggin, I feel your pain! I got that error on the weekend too, thankfully I could change the scratch disks to another drive with some space.

Snug Tight
    Participant

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 05 Apr 2007 at 4:41 AM

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like we’re green for 4:41am. Farkbacked (er Farkedback?) for a bumpity bump.

And thanks, Diggin! I think the panorama process makes things look bigger than they are, and of course distorts things too, much like using an extreme wide angle lens. But you probably could land a plane back there if you absolutely had to and it wasn’t too big a plane.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Bumped to 12:01am

swampa
    Participant

Elsinore – Your ability to scare the admins into giving us a reasonable green time can not be praised enough!

I’m starting to think they like your weekly farkback 😛

Analogy
    Participant

It’s green! I’m having to hold off on posting my photo from earlier in the thread though… I dicovered a couple minutes ago that a higher color temperature setting in my RAW program gave me better color, so I’m redoing it. Meh.

EDIT: Garg, I hate myself. I exported all the images in my panorama only to find that they were all different brightnesses. I’d accidentally left some auto settings on in my RAW program. Grrrr. At this rate I’ll be lucky if I get my pic up before midnight.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore – Your ability to scare the admins into giving us a reasonable green time can not be praised enough!

I’m starting to think they like your weekly farkback 😛

Heh heh I gave Drew a case of Heinekin a few months back on behalf of Farktography–mighta helped 😉

Analogy
    Participant

Blah, I finally got my second one up. Hooray me. It may or may not have been worth it… I think it looks a ton better, but man was it a pain in the butt. I shook the camera taking one of the pictures in the panorama so I couldn’t use it… Luckily I was using lots of overlap but there’s still only barely enough for autostitch to latch onto, and I have to go into the options and tweak a lot of stuff.

anneb
    Participant

Well… better late than never? I got my two up, I shot them Tuesday evening, but FINALLY today got to sit down to photoshop. They’re not as smooth as I’d like, but I am pretty happy with a very first go at it. I’ve got one question, and I’ll devotinate the first if it doesn’t fit the rules- I did some layer erasing on the middle layer to smooth the breakpoints on the cherry blossoms- no tweaking the picture, just which one is on “top.” Is that ok or not ok for the week?

I must admit, I’m really blown away by peoples’ entries, and I think I’m going to have to do some more playing around with this. (And, I think, working on the first one some more to get it a bit cleaner, too.)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think given there was already a need for blending of photos, whether manually or letting a program do it for you (e.g. Autostitch), I’d think something like would be allowable. There were a couple places on mine I had to smooth/blend as well after the initial stitch, and since it was just a matter of finishing the stitch/blend process, I felt it was in keeping with the theme and rules.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘4-4-07 – Stitching’ is closed to new replies.