5-2-07 – Sports

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Claff
    Participant

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

I have literally gigs and gigs of racing photos
    plus I have a few good pics I took at a Washington Nationals game last fall

Narrowed potential entries down to four but that last cut is killing me, I’ll probably be agonizing over it for the whole next hour till green light time.

Curious
    Participant

hey at least you have something. i didn’t like what i shot and my archives are sans sports pics.

but there’s next week. and given the theme i know i have something for it. 🙂

swampa
    Participant

Claff

Don’t worry, whichever one you leave out will be the one that would have voted the best. 😛

/I try to be supportive where I can 😛

Analogy
    Participant

My prediction is that some hot cheerleader or fan in the stands is going to get more votes than most of the shots of actual sports. People vote for boobies. But you can exploit that by posting a pic of a hot cheerleader I guess. I mostly shoot high school sports though, so no go for me. =(

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, boobies usually aren’t a bad addition to a photo on Fark, but back in the portraiture theme, some folks posted egregiously boobified pictures and they didn’t do that well; they got some votes, but they didn’t win. It was like people saw it as vote whoring or something. My guess would be a really snazzy action shot (or even stop-motion of fast sports action) will do well probably finish in the top spots.

Analogy
    Participant

I remember in the Booze theme the point and shoot snapshot of a couple of asian lesbians was WAY up there in votes, ahead of a lot of much better photos. Till it got deleted. =D

EDIT: AND…IT’S…GREEN…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol true that, course you never know how it woulda finished out in the voting if it had stayed in the contest. Votes can stall out or pick up seemingly at Farkish whim…

swampa
    Participant

I think it is an issue that staplers seem to do better than boobies!

Claff
    Participant

Claff

Don’t worry, whichever one you leave out will be the one that would have voted the best. 😛

/I try to be supportive where I can 😛

I don’t doubt that for a minute. Here’s the one that didn’t make the cut:

“The call to the bullpen”

staplermofo
    Participant

Beer comes in slabs now?

…I’ve wasted my life.

anneb
    Participant

My prediction is that some hot cheerleader or fan in the stands is going to get more votes than most of the shots of actual sports. People vote for boobies. But you can exploit that by posting a pic of a hot cheerleader I guess. I mostly shoot high school sports though, so no go for me. =(

Analogy, why not? Here, the local schools have competitive Varsity/JV squads who do pretty demanding routines. It’s the only HS sport besides track that runs 3 seasons, with winter overlap with the gymnastics teams. Unfortunately, they’re not allowed to do much in the way of stunts at games, because they don’t want the cheerleaders hurting themselves on the track. They save those for competitions. The most a fan at the game is likely to see is pyramids and basket catches when they’re out on the track, or handsprings indoors.

In terms of fans and other “fru” at games- they’re part of the sports experience, too. “Sports” is kinda vague that way, vs. “sports action” or “the fan,” but hey, it’s farktography, and it’s cool to see the variety!

monkeybort
    Participant

boobies don’t always do well – for my ‘behind the scenes’ shot of a nipple piercing a metric shit-ton of people clicked through to see it, but it didn’t end up placing very high.

Analogy
    Participant

Well I can’t see a guy armed with a huge tele lens aiming it at high school cheerleaders coming across as un-creepy, so I try to avoid it. =D

zeke
    Participant

boobies don’t always do well – for my ‘behind the scenes’ shot of a nipple piercing a metric shit-ton of people clicked through to see it, but it didn’t end up placing very high.

Just because….well….just because: can you define a metric shit-ton? Is that 2.2 english shit-tons?

monkeybort
    Participant

Just because….well….just because: can you define a metric shit-ton? Is that 2.2 english shit-tons?

precisely. you hit the nail right on the head there old chap!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • The topic ‘5-2-07 – Sports’ is closed to new replies.