5-8-13 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 8

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-8-13 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s Farktography’s 8th anniversary! Post your highest vote getters or favorite photos since May 2012. Prior contest entries allowed but not required; prior entries, HDR, stacked, stitched & text-added photos eligible only if used in a contest since 5/09/12.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Damn, what am I going to do Wednesday night at 8 PM now?

orionid
    Participant

Contest Linky:
    http://www.fark.com/comments/7731751

Now that we have it, I think I like it, despite my mixed feelings before.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Wait, what?

Is this the start of contests being open a week before they go live?

Just trying to figure out WTF’s going on?

Never mind… figured it out.

BUT… HTML fail. Elsinore, would be so kind as to delete the first “Stairway in Geneva (NY)” post? Forgot the img tag.

Muchas Gracias

swampa
    Participant

Ummm are we allowed to use stitched shots that we would have used for a contest in the current year if the internet hadn’t been playing up at the time?

/I was planning to enter a faux pano shot I had created but didn’t get to use.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wait, what?

Is this the start of contests being open a week before they go live?

Just trying to figure out WTF’s going on?

Never mind… figured it out.

BUT… HTML fail. Elsinore, would be so kind as to delete the first “Stairway in Geneva (NY)” post? Forgot the img tag.

Muchas Gracias

lol yes, this is the start of that. I’ll reserve judgment till we’ve tried it out for a few weeks. It definitely feels more like PS doing it like this, and I wonder if it will lessen our sense of community by no longer having the ‘everyone get together at 8pm on Wednesday to submit’ thing. On the other hand, the PS’ers have a good community, and that really takes place outside the contest threads anyway.

Got your post, too.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ummm are we allowed to use stitched shots that we would have used for a contest in the current year if the internet hadn’t been playing up at the time?

/I was planning to enter a faux pano shot I had created but didn’t get to use.

Gotta be something you actually used in a contest if it’s something outside the usual rules, sorry.

Yugoboy
    Participant

The one thing about the “everybody get together Wednesday evening from 8-12:30” is that a number are also visiting here and voting on themes. I have done no calculations or measurements, but I definitely feel busier in the Themes thread on Wednesday and Thursday.

We’ll see what happens in that venue as well.

And thanx for killing that post.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That’s a good point, too. I shifted to posting the link to the discussion thread, but maybe I should add something to the Boobies with a link to the themes board to help drive traffic there, too.

nobigdeal
    Participant

We can post the threads a year in advance and I’ll still procrastinate to the last minute. 😆

fluffybunny
    Participant

We can post the threads a year in advance and I’ll still procrastinate to the last minute. 😆

This.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol I’ll probably be the same!

orionid
    Participant

Elsinore – I may have forgotten to enable voting on my 2013-05-06 10:22:40 PM king of the forest. Any chance you could check that for me before it goes live? Gratis Maxis.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nope you’re good to go!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘5-8-13 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 8’ is closed to new replies.