5-8-13 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 8

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-8-13 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 8

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Thankye!

ravnostic
    Participant

Man, I’ve forgotten we can post early and I’ll be dam’d if I’ve even started looking to see what I’ll post!

orionid
    Participant

I like it already. I can post at leisure when I have time to think about it, and now I can go to astronomy club meetings and trivia night at the bar without worrying about posting from my phone or beng late to the party (or forgetting altogether for that matter).

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I like it already. I can post at leisure when I have time to think about it, and now I can go to astronomy club meetings and trivia night at the bar without worrying about posting from my phone or beng late to the party (or forgetting altogether for that matter).

Yeah, I can see where that’d be really handy, but I just realized that it also kills my payback-for-the-soda-can-lens idea. I was going to port the autoposter code in my scraper to a standalone app so that you (first, and then others) could use it for posting while away from the computer. Well, crap, I’ll have to think of something else then.

// Good thing I didn’t start it yet. I may still do it for the non-TFers, but it’s certainly less of a priority now since most of y’all are TFers.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I can see where that’d be really handy, but I just realized that it also kills my payback-for-the-soda-can-lens idea. I was going to port the autoposter code in my scraper to a standalone app so that you (first, and then others) could use it for posting while away from the computer. Well, crap, I’ll have to think of something else then.

// Good thing I didn’t start it yet. I may still do it for the non-TFers, but it’s certainly less of a priority now since most of y’all are TFers.

D’oh. That would have been sweet, but yeah, c’est la vie. Speaking of, I’ve got everything for yours except the EOS mount. That should be here shortly along with everyone elses.

Curious
    Participant

Elsinore please check here for voting. think i forgot to click it. thanks.

Curious [TotalFark]
    2013-05-08 08:24:34 PM

emiliogtz
    Participant

I really liked that image Yugoboy, there’s something about the windows, the brick wall, the staircase… Can’t put my finger on it but it certainly evokes nostalgia.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I really liked that image Yugoboy, there’s something about the windows, the brick wall, the staircase… Can’t put my finger on it but it certainly evokes nostalgia.

Thanx! I’m none too good with the social aspect of, well, anywhere but here or Fark, and even on Fark, I’m mostly a lurker who essentially submits photos. I suppose I shall have to get better at that.

That said, having a greatest hits contest like this really brings out the WOW in all of y’all. Just jaw-dropping stuff, guys.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah; gotta agree with Yugo; I actually hate this annual contest because it takes so long to vote for everything (if only there were a ‘vote for all’ button!)

And in other news, I woke up late for work yesterday so I just got home threw up my images; hopefully some of you who’ve already voted will pop back in and consider whether you’d like to vote for mine…?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore please check here for voting. think i forgot to click it. thanks.

Curious [TotalFark]
    2013-05-08 08:24:34 PM

I am *so* sorry I missed this last night. I skimmed the thread and just didn’t see. I have enabled voting on it, though!

Curious
    Participant

no problem, doubt it missed many votes. 🙂

i will be voting in the morning and from when i enter to when i vote i don’t usually look at the contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to (Be)CauseISaidSo this week!!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Thanks Els.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘5-8-13 – Happy Farktography Anniversary 8’ is closed to new replies.