7-11-2007 Keys

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

hufff…..and I suppose “cays” are out as well? It will probably save us a geography lesson 😉

Yeah, I thought I would take a pic of Fisherman’s Quay up the road from me, but I figured that would be pushing it.

/got nothin’

Dammit, you guys stole my idea!!! Crap!

Dammit millera9, you stole my idea : Crap, the key to a healthy bowel.

Now what am i going to do 😯

Dammit, I was hoping to see a bunch of Quays! Crap!

I’m pretty sure there are websites already out there where you can see…. uhhh…. nevermind.

……………………………………..Lutefisk

/old

caradoc
    Participant

……………………………………..Lutefisk

There’s not enough mustard and akvavit on the planet to get me to try that again.

zeke
    Participant

(Andy, Aunt Bee and Mr. Tucker are on the porch; Gomer comes up)
    Gomer: Mr. Tucker.
    Mr. Tucker: My car ready?
    Gomer: Naw, Goober thinks you need a new set of spark plugs.
    Mr. Tucker: Well, change ’em.
    Gomer: They’re $1.15 apiece.
    Mr. Tucker: Fine, fine.
    Gomer: She’s an eight-cylinder – she’ll take eight.
    Mr. Tucker: Go do it.
    Gomer: One for each cylinder.
    Mr. Tucker: Go, boy, go. Do it!
    Gomer: We have your permission?
    Mr. Tucker: Yes. Yes.
    Gomer: Didn’t want you to say later on we’d overcharged you.
    Mr. Tucker: Go do it.
    Gomer: Right. (starts to leave; speaks to Andy) Goober says, “Hey“, Andy.
    Andy: “Hey” to Goober.

//4UHg

SilverStag
    Participant

Of course, this came up just as I finished my homemade lens-reversing-ring, so all my images came from the wrong end of my 50mm 1.8 …

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Niiiiice

millera9
    Participant

Man, I’m getting absolutely hosed this week…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

If it’s any consolation, I voted for ya, man. Lots of good stuff this week, and some really good stuff that isn’t getting as many votes, but then that’s Farktography, eh?

Jakevol2
    Participant

Right there with you man. I thought my idea was pretty original and it just didn’t play. Other themes I thought I had crap and I get the most votes I have ever recieved.

Curious
    Participant

ha ha im in ur contest stealling ur votes.

what where you telling me at one time about not concerning oneself with the voting 🙂

i’m actually doing better than i’d expected. one picture is coming in at 25th which is typical for me lately. all time it’s better than average but my long term average isn’t anything to brag on. my weird bug (in color) finished at a heart stopping 127th. but the b/w made up for that finishing 197th. liked both those better than the grasshopper which ended up 34th.

you just never know.

Curious
    Participant

and thanks schnee for creating and maintaining the FSM.

Uranus
    Participant

…and where were the monkey pics? 😛

millera9
    Participant

ha ha im in ur contest stealling ur votes.

what where you telling me at one time about not concerning oneself with the voting 🙂

i’m actually doing better than i’d expected. one picture is coming in at 25th which is typical for me lately. all time it’s better than average but my long term average isn’t anything to brag on. my weird bug (in color) finished at a heart stopping 127th. but the b/w made up for that finishing 197th. liked both those better than the grasshopper which ended up 34th.

you just never know.

I’m not usually bothered by it, but I got more votes in the very first contest I ever entered with only two entries. That’s a bit disconcerting. As it stands, Elsinore‘s reassurance that she voted for me (I’ll assume that means 1 vote on one of three entries), along with my 3 votes for myself account for 4 of my 7 votes this week. That means I did something wrong. I shall retire to my chambers to think on this. Hold all my calls.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Actually, I thought I voted for all of them, but it looks like I missed one. fixxored. If you look at my Participation Profile(tm) on the FSM, you’ll notice plenty of valleys for the peaks I do have. Hell, for the Sports theme (which was just 10 weeks ago), I only got 9 votes. There’s never been any explainin’ Fark votin’

Curious
    Participant

nope you’ve got it wrong. Elsinore voted for each one. plus your three means only one vote from a true fan.

look that was tongue in cheek. wander over to the FSM and look at my vote totals. especially those at the bottom of the page. and i know there is at least one fan/friend who will vote for anything i enter. and i never vote for myself.

so the moral here is … relax. some weeks are better than others. yeah i know there are times the low count bothers me too. i don’t enter photos that i think are going to tank. but it happens.

i don’t know why yours didn’t do well but if i were to guess i’d say that they were b/w in a field of color and historically b/w is an acquired taste. and they were a bit on the dark side. again an acquired taste. it is my guess that the average voter is perhaps a good snapshot taker but no more skilled than that. they are looking for something that tells the story of the theme in a simple way. these are the folks who ask “did it come out” when talking about a picture.

OMGWTFBBQ and maybe LOL — i just read Elsinore’s post while previewing this. !!!!eleventy!!!

millera9
    Participant

Actually, I thought I voted for all of them, but it looks like I missed one. fixxored. If you look at my Participation Profile(tm) on the FSM, you’ll notice plenty of valleys for the peaks I do have. Hell, for the Sports theme (which was just 10 weeks ago), I only got 9 votes. There’s never been any explainin’ Fark votin’

LOL. Then you and I account for 6 of my 8 votes. Argh. I truly appreciate it, but getting more votes was not my intent here. I’m really not looking for anything in particular, just kinda venting. Maybe this weekend I’ll really have time to try and get some good body mod shots.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘7-11-2007 Keys’ is closed to new replies.