7-12-06 Shadows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description: The interplay of light and dark
    Thanks to Morningbreath for this week’s theme.

mikemikeb
    Participant

Just like you all to know the thread has already posted to the main page as of 8:10 PM. 8)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

That is beyond awesome. I’m still blown away by the tag…anyone know who made it?

kmmontandon
    Participant

Just like you all to know the thread has already posted to the main page as of 8:10 PM. 8)

I hate to say it, but that was actually kind of annoying.

As a TFer, I like a bit of a head start.

My annoyance has nothing to do with the fact that I simply forgot about today’s contest, nope.

staplermofo
    Participant

Elsinore: The tag was designed by 1TBat10000RPM

veruca
    Participant

Elsinore: The tag was designed by 1TBat10000RPM

Thank them for us? No email in profile.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks Staplermofo. Huge props to them…it’s wonderful 🙂

ch4r7ie
    Participant

i was going to post two shots, but then it went live faster so the reg farkers could play to -before it was maxed out, therefore i… i… i added a 3rd image.. i feel so… jaded..

actually having the contest go live quickly means regular farkers can play too w/o changing the rule everyone seems to like…’

how about a 2nd contest during the weekend, and making it ONE entry since so many people will be able to particpate..

schnee
    Participant

Out of this forum, some guy asked me about the mainpage listing time. He said

did they start submitting the thread earlier in the day now? that was the main reason i quit, i’d be in to work by like 10am and the voting was 90% over by the time i’d get photos online.

I told him that tonight could be an aberration. Still, more fodder for convincing The Powers That Be to normalize the main page time.

How many of you would be interested in a new photography contest site? There would be a submission deadline, noone sees submissions until the deadline, and then there would be a defined voting period. Also a comment section for each individual submission without having to search the entire thread for them.

I’d like to also include a way for votes collected to be used in “purchasing” various items, like flash cards or the like. I would need to work out the way to make sure that there isn’t vote abuse and verify that submitters are the actual photographers/copyright holders of the images submitted.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I’m open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
    SID aka CuddleButt

Claff
    Participant

That sound you’re hearing is a hundred Fark Freebies cheering.

I was checking this forum on the Treo in the passenger seat of an 80 MPH Hyundai going from MD to NH when I saw that it already went green. Asked the missus to pull over in the next rest stop where I got the laptop out of the trunk. We get going again and I set the thing up, hook it to the Treo, get online, get to Fark, find my pic on my site, submit my sole entry and wipe my hands on my pants.

I say ‘there’ triumphantly and she wonders aloud whether I take this Farktography thing just a little too seriously.

FWIW I went against everything I stood for in the past and submitted a B&W pic. The shame!

Claff
    Participant

Also, the alternate day of week contest sounds cool here, especially with the one entry limit.

Maybe even add another twist… like say the submitted pic must have been shot during the seven-day period immediately preceding the contest date.

Klahanie
    Participant

How many of you would be interested in a new photography contest site? There would be a submission deadline, noone sees submissions until the deadline, and then there would be a defined voting period. Also a comment section for each individual submission without having to search the entire thread for them.

I’d like to also include a way for votes collected to be used in “purchasing” various items, like flash cards or the like. I would need to work out the way to make sure that there isn’t vote abuse and verify that submitters are the actual photographers/copyright holders of the images submitted.

Let me know what everyone thinks. I’m open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
    SID aka CuddleButt

I’d be willing to check it out, but it will be hit and miss for me from now until the end of August. The hubby works at sea, 40 on and 40 off year round, but he gets home in a couple of hours so let the 40 off begin!

ch4r7ie
    Participant

Also, the alternate day of week contest sounds cool here, especially with the one entry limit.

Maybe even add another twist… like say the submitted pic must have been shot during the seven-day period immediately preceding the contest date.

i dont shoot for contests, and others don’t either.. in fact i have only taken one picture for the contests, other than that i am living off my stock so to speak..

i definatly like the idea of 1 picture per in a contest

Curious
    Participant

re time: a consistent time would be nice. personally i’d like to see it be 8 for TF and maybe 2 hours later for fark lite. or maybe 7 eastern for TF and 9 for regular. in any case a small head start for the TF folk.

re new contest(s): two a week should split the week which means a weekend contest. doubt it would get much play. or move this one to tuesday and the other on friday. still a slow day. or monday – thursday? if the contests are different enough it might work. such as the three for one and one entry for the other. since i have had crap luck shooting for the contest as opposed to rooting in my hard drive …. rather root.

re completely new contest: no disrespect but my first response was it sounded like worth1k for photos. if that’s it i’ll pass. despite the off topic, snapshot quality of some of the entries, overall this current contest is really great due in part to the wide level of the posters and their submissions. besides if we make it too technical folks just won’t play. notice how few entries now have the camera/lens/settings data.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘7-12-06 Shadows’ is closed to new replies.