7-17-13 – Signs 2: Everywhere a Sign

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 7-17-13 – Signs 2: Everywhere a Sign

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

speaking from the ‘gay’ point, we all know ‘faggot’ in the Britishical sense. If someone gets offended, I’ll step up as a gay farktographer and tell them to blow it out their ear.

Barracuda
    Participant
    bender16v
    Participant

Yesterday I was near the famous “Exit 69, Big Beaver Rd.” sign on I-75 near Detroit but it’s not easy to stop there to take a photo. I have one B-Side that is a horrible snapshot but a little funny: B-Side.

Edit: And I just remembered I had this gem.

Yoyo
    Participant

If we allow the F-word, how about the N-word? J/k. I’m not that guy.
    All I got from that link was a Chinese girl and a panda statue and some disclaimer about looking for photos.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Anyone having issues with Flickr tonight? it’s blank and now I can’t submit anything. /sad panda

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I was aware of the cigarette meaning of “faggot” but had never heard it used for a meat wad before.

Are billboards ok?

Don’t see why not.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Interesting ‘cuda, I’ve got 3 b/ws myself (you’ll get to see them after midnight).

FWIW – I’ll be home for the next 3 contests (the ones scheduled), btu I will be out of town for the last 3 Wednesdays of August. I could use an OBO-er once the contests are announced. I don’t care if it’s a TFer or not. If you will be able to OBO me for the 3 weeks, PM me, and I’ll shoot you the html once the contests are announced and I’ve processed and submitted.
    Thanx in advance.

Yoyo
    Participant

In musical notation ‘fag’ indicates the bassoon part.

So, do I go with a sign about the creation of Memorial Day at Arlington, or Squirrel Gap Road?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yugoboy, I can OBO for you on those dates unless you want to hold out for a TF offer. With any luck, I may be able to get back into entering myself by then, too.

Barracuda
    Participant

Yugoboy, PM me, I should have no problem posting up for you.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Interesting ‘cuda, I’ve got 3 b/ws myself (you’ll get to see them after midnight).

FWIW – I’ll be home for the next 3 contests (the ones scheduled), btu I will be out of town for the last 3 Wednesdays of August. I could use an OBO-er once the contests are announced. I don’t care if it’s a TFer or not. If you will be able to OBO me for the 3 weeks, PM me, and I’ll shoot you the html once the contests are announced and I’ve processed and submitted.
    Thanx in advance.

Will you be gone the entire 3 weeks or would you be able to submit sometime in the week that the contest is open on Fark to TFers before hitting the Main page?

cameraflage
    Participant

Thou art now a TFer, Yugoboy…at least for a month.

Yugoboy
    Participant

That I am, thanx to Ranger Joe.

I’ll PM one of the kind offerers anyway to set up a contingency plan. We’re camping, so although I’ll have electric, WiFi is not available there, and I’m not sure when I’ll get someplace where it’ll be available.

Thanx y’all!

Lovesandwich
    Participant

Does anyone else have a hard time voting for these particular contests? These types of contests seem to be more about what cool/odd/different types of sign you can find and less about photography skill.

That said, there are some cool signs in this world!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Does anyone else have a hard time voting for these particular contests? These types of contests seem to be more about what cool/odd/different types of sign you can find and less about photography skill.

Yeah, there are some themes that fall right into that description, for sure. I try to separate quality from content when voting, but I don’t think most voters do.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘7-17-13 – Signs 2: Everywhere a Sign’ is closed to new replies.