7-17-13 – Signs 2: Everywhere a Sign

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 7-17-13 – Signs 2: Everywhere a Sign

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Lovesandwich
    Participant

Yeah, there are some themes that fall right into that description, for sure. I try to separate quality from content when voting, but I don’t think most voters do.

Same here. I think that I appreciate the attempts of some photographers to make a photograph instead of just a picture out of the signs. And to be honest, it isn’t always easy to make art out of a theme like this.

But if themes like this attract attention and get more people involved with the contest that it must be good. 😉

Barracuda
    Participant

I certainly tried for entries that had a decent amount of artistic element to the and not just a snapshot of a sign. Not that I had a lot of either to work with. Happy that at least one of mine is ranking high with the voters, though the other two seem to have been less well received. A couple weeks back I tried catering to the “fark voter” with a busty nose art photo during ‘Military Grade’ – and that fell flat compared to my more artistic photos – so who knows what will get voted for one week to the next.

Yugoboy
    Participant

so who knows what will get voted for one week to the next.

Not F%^&ing Me, I’ll tell you that!

I should’a known better than to go with artsy… a b-side I rejected (probably should’a gone with it) was the back door to a Chinese restaurant with the hand-painted order: “No Praking”

Hindsight is 20/20, I guess

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats DrPainMD this week!

Also, very nice voting turn out!

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘7-17-13 – Signs 2: Everywhere a Sign’ is closed to new replies.