7-18-2007 body mod photography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 7-18-2007 body mod photography

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Jakevol2
    Participant

manscaping?

seriously.

manscaping?

Huh? 😕

millera9
    Participant

Scars?

I think scarification tattoos would be legitimate, but unintentional scars probably don’t qualify.

Plastic surgery is kind of a gray area methinks…

Jakevol2
    Participant

manscaping?

Huh? 😕

Is manscaping allowed under the rules of body modifcation?

monkeybort
    Participant

um, no. no manscaping. ever. for any reason.

and no unintentional scars, but scarification would be ok (as miller said above).

Okay, I don’t want to be a complete idiot but I guess I have no choice. 😳

Scarification? Clarification, please. I mean aren’t all scars unintentional?

Specifically for me I am asking about scars from surgery.

Curious
    Participant

GAD google is your friend and no all scars are not unintentional.

millera9
    Participant

Okay, I don’t want to be a complete idiot but I guess I have no choice. 😳

Scarification? Clarification, please. I mean aren’t all scars unintentional?

Specifically for me I am asking about scars from surgery.

In a word, no. A lot of traditional or tribal tattoo involves creating wounds which scar to form images or patterns. It’s basically a tattoo done without ink and with a deeper cut. Once it scabs, the scab is pulled off early to make the scar more pronounced. This is often repeated over and over to cover a large portion of the body. It’s a brutal process, but it can have beautiful results in some cases. Curious‘s link is a good example.

As for surgical scars, I would say no. I have a scar on my right leg where I had to have a large pin inserted when I broke it in 2002. I would not call that an intentional body mod.

I mentioned plastic surgery as a gray area because it is intentional and it is, technically, a body modification for (usually) superficial purposes a la tattoos or piercings. What do the rest of you think? Fair game or no?

Finally, does someone want to explain what “manscaping” is. Do I want to know?

Analogy
    Participant

Manscaping = Shaving the hair that grows around your other head.

Curious
    Participant

Finally, does someone want to explain what “manscaping” is. Do I want to know?

think creative shaving to body hair. especially in areas that are normally covered.

yeah i googled it too but won’t again.

sleeping
    Participant

I don’t have anything to post this week, but I wouldn’t have thought twice about entering scars, etc, as involuntary modifications. If the topic is meant to exclude them, I think you need to specify that in the description.

Curious
    Participant

many many years ago one of the guys i knew had that nickname Analogy due to his inability to slow dance without …. well you know.

millera9
    Participant

I don’t have anything to post this week, but I wouldn’t have thought twice about entering scars, etc, as involuntary modifications. If the topic is meant to exclude them, I think you need to specify that in the description.

I think it’s implied pretty clearly in the description when it says “tattoos, piercings, & other body modifications”. The context suggests only intentional modifications. If we’re going to go with unintentional scars as fair game, then what’s to stop me from taking a picture of the big hairy mole on my right bicep?

On the “manscaping” front, does anyone have a pair of hedge clippers I could borrow before Wednesday? Let me know in a PM!

/There needs to be a barfing smiley…

sleeping
    Participant

I think it’s implied pretty clearly in the description when it says “tattoos, piercings, & other body modifications”. The context suggests only intentional modifications.

It seems to me that there’s a long history of people interpreting these topics as broadly as possible, e.g. Volkswagens in the Bugs theme etc. Personally I’d hate for that to change

Agreed sleeping.

Hence the reason why I asked for clarification. Guess I was having a blonde moment in my brunette life.

Scars to me are modifications/alterations since they are not original.

Thank you for replying though.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 81 total)
  • The topic ‘7-18-2007 body mod photography’ is closed to new replies.