9-13-2006 Daybreak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    mikemikeb
    Participant

For all new to Farktography, welcome! For return Farktographers, welcome back!

This week’s theme (thanks to Claff) is: Daybreak. We want your best photos taken in the early morning.

I also have two questions:

1. How late is too late for an “early morning” shot? 9 AM? 10 AM? I have a photo taken just before 9:30 AM, and I wish to submit it.

2. I have a panoramic stitch of three photos that I wish to submit. Is this unacceptable, like I think it is?

bobroberts
    Participant

I’d think that any shot conveying the feel of “early morning” is fair game, and that the time the photo was taken isn’t as important. That said, my entries for this week suck. (I’m *not* an early morning person.)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

(I’m *not* an early morning person.)

LOL glad I’m not the only one…I’m right there with ya…

mikemikeb
    Participant

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2288267

“This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 at 6:18 AM”

Of course: Early morning photos; early morning greenlight.

Thanks mods! 😥

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ouch…

bobroberts
    Participant

Ouch is right…..the liters are going to be PISSED!

mikemikeb
    Participant

my entries for this week suck.

Yeah, right; for example, take our respective “breakfast” photos. I have the impression that your 2006-09-13 08:05:48 PM will beat my 2006-09-13 08:05:50 PM.

People are suckers for your Far East photos 8)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep. It will only fuel their perception that Farktography is only for Total Farkers. But Drew’s been pretty good at bumping the time up when he gets the Farkback. I know veruca’s done that before–can someone do that?

veruca
    Participant

Yep. It will only fuel their perception that Farktography is only for Total Farkers. But Drew’s been pretty good at bumping the time up when he gets the Farkback. I know veruca’s done that before–can someone do that?

Farkbacking…Drew is usually great about responding so it should hit the front page sooner rather than 6am (yuck).

bobroberts
    Participant

my entries for this week suck.

Yeah, right; for example, take our respective “breakfast” photos. I have the impression that your 2006-09-13 08:05:48 PM will beat my 2006-09-13 08:05:50 PM.

People are suckers for your Far East photos 8)

Your greasy-grub shot is great and will gather gobs of glory.

As for my Far East shots, I’m just lucky to have spent 10+ months traveling internationally over the past year-and-a-half. (And I wasn’t really into photography before then.)

mikemikeb
    Participant

Thanks, sir. Maybe, but I guess that means you’ll end up, what, Top 5?

As for my Far East shots, I’m just lucky to have spent 10+ months traveling internationally over the past year-and-a-half. (And I wasn’t really into photography before then.)

Then you’re a natural. I thought that you had done this a lot longer, for at least a decade…

bobroberts
    Participant

Thanks, sir. Maybe, but I guess that means you’ll end up, what, Top 5?

Then you’re a natural. I thought that you had done this a lot longer, for at least a decade…

Thanks for the compliment!

There are some really excellent photos this week, though; I highly doubt any of my shots will even make the top 10 or 15, and if one of them does it will be undeserved. *I* wouldn’t even vote for my shots this week! I do like the “Breakfast in Yushu” photo, but the one I really wanted to submit had the guy in blue completely photoshopped out of the pic: http://www.pbase.com/artyler/image/58521312
    (I don’t usually alter my photos like that, but I got completely carried away with that one.)

Your “Permit Parking Only” photo gives me some pretty intense flashbacks of living in NYC and having to deal with the early-morning parking nightmares associated with owning a car there!

mikemikeb
    Participant

Thanks for the compliment!

You’re welcome!

*I* wouldn’t even vote for my shots this week!

I’ll be voting for your “Breakfast in Yushu”…

Your “Permit Parking Only” photo gives me some pretty intense flashbacks of living in NYC and having to deal with the early-morning parking nightmares associated with owning a car there!

That’s sort of odd. I guess it doesn’t matter that it was taken deep in the heart of suburbia…

mikemikeb
    Participant

On a different note:

I was looking at kmmontandon’s 2006-09-13 08:36:27 PM and thought it looked fishy. So, I looked up his profile at http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/kmmontandon, and it shows something interesting.

See for yourself:

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/7770/backyard0038od.jpg (the address from the “backyard” theme)

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6028/backyard003oc3.jpg (the address from this week’s contest)

The address for the photos are different, but it’s the same photo otherwise…

mikemikeb
    Participant

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2288267

“This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 at 1:18 AM”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘9-13-2006 Daybreak’ is closed to new replies.