9-13-2006 Daybreak

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    bobroberts
    Participant

Looks like kmmontandon just got teh busted. Impressive sleuthing.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

D’OH!

veruca
    Participant

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 at 1:18 AM. So about an hour and a half from now.

And happy birthday Elsinore!

schnee
    Participant

….stuff about kmmontandon‘s dupe…

Nice sleuthing. It would be super-duper cool if the FSM could visually inspect images to detect repeats. Anyone got a Java-based image analyzer?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 at 1:18 AM. So about an hour and a half from now.

Thanks 🙂

schnee
    Participant

Check out the Scarlet AAAARRRRrrrrr… see educated’s entry? If you look at educated’s portfolio, you won’t find that entry in Shadows, but you will if you look in tea‘s.

With kmmontandon and now educated/tea, we have two in the top ten that are repeats. That’s too bad.

[edited to fix spelling of “AAAARRRRrrrrr”]

Elsinore
    Keymaster

And an HDR, which is questionable. I really think we need an official ruling on HDR for general use in the future (HDR or dynamic range specific contests notwithstanding).

mikemikeb
    Participant

Indeed; happy birthday to you!!!1!eleventy!!1

ch4r7ie
    Participant

but not intentionaly, and not since the fsm is up i can look at mu stuff to make sure.. i wouldnt want anyone to think i didnt have a big enough stock to have an entry every week

and when i say big stock and entry, you know darn well what i mean

logomancer used a shot of his grandmother to win a contest, then a shot that was just about the same to win another contest, both great shots, but if someone sees him posting those and doesn’t have the ‘photographic’ memory to know they were different, then you might think it was okay to repost, even though the rules said otherwise

plus, this is fark anyways

i’m more scarderer of hdr, i use film and cant compete

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Indeed; happy birthday to you!!!1!eleventy!!1

Hehe thanks…it was actually yesterday–back to the grind today! lol!1!!elevtentyone!!11

mikemikeb
    Participant

Check out the Scarlet AAAARRRRrrrrr… see educated’s entry? If you look at educated’s portfolio, you won’t find that entry in Shadows, but you will if you look in tea‘s.

With kmmontandon and now educated/tea, we have two in the top ten that are repeats. That’s too bad.

That is too bad. Now, perhaps those entries will be permanently excised from the FSM, right? 8)

Also, looking at both tea‘s and educated‘s profiles it looks like they’re the same person, so at least there wasn’t any pure photo plagiarizing! 🙂

veruca
    Participant

That’s too bad about the repeats 🙁 Good to know though when posting the winners tonight.
    I created a new section in general chat for pollage and have a poll up for HDR. Please take a moment to vote!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks for doing that, veruca!

schnee
    Participant

That is too bad. Now, perhaps those entries will be permanently excised from the FSM, right? 8)

I’ve consider doing that in the past (especially since I’ve worn the “R”), but haven’t gotten around to it. Personally I think the best thing is to get the Fark mods to excise the entries and then the FSM will take care of itself. Don’t ‘Shoppers devotenate recycled enties?

veruca
    Participant

congrats to never odd or even. i also included artic_fun’s entry in the winners because we didn’t have a firm stance on the HDR issue before this contest (imo). but unless the poll numbers change significantly there will be no more HDR images allowed for the contests unless it’s distinctly part of the theme. fair enough?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘9-13-2006 Daybreak’ is closed to new replies.