A day in the hospital.

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill A day in the hospital.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

I was back in the hospital again. Went in for an MRI, ended up in the ER. The whole ugly story:

http://metachat.org/index.php/2010/11/08/just_another_day_in_the_hospital

ravnostic
    Participant

Hey, that’s some good writing. You ought to submit that rectal bit to the Reader’s Digest for ‘Laughter, the best Medicine’. They pay for that sort of stuff you know.

So, how was your day?

Since you asked, I’ll tell you. I’ll preface by saying over the week I had a wee little cold, snuffles, really. But by Saturday night, my 4th shift of the week, while I felt much better, by the end of the night I thought I was draining the Niagra through my sinus cavities. I work in a clean suit in a clean room, so Kleenex (insert TM here) isn’t an option. So I did what my grandfather used to call ‘drinking you boogers.’ Under ‘themes’, ‘State Fair’, I posted what I planned for after work, and I did follow through. By noon, I was home. And feeling miserable.

I went straight to bed, waking up only to either roll over or urinate. Waking up today at 4, I find my urine is the color of yellow food dye #7. While my boogers (now with Kleenex (insert TM here) goodness) are clear, my hackings are that color yellow that I know could go green soon, and that’s not good. Dragging out the old thermo-meter (no ‘back-door’ reading, TYVM), I’m running a *slight fever* that doesn’t concern me. But I do believe I’ll be calling up the health clinic at work today for an emergency appt. I’d rather nip any more nastiness in the bud.

I hope you get to feeling better soonest!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh geez, SilverStag!! I’m so glad you’re signed up with the VA now!! I think the foibles of my day pale in comparison.

Curious
    Participant

sorry about all your troubles OTOH you certainly have a good attitude about them. i live in a town of 50,000 +/- with two hospitals and both are pretty good. fortunately i haven’t needed them but friends have. my visits have been limited to a couple of CT scans (one at each) and a stress test.

got on the VA as a 7e which means co-pays but they are reasonable. medicare won’t cover some prescriptions i need and the VA will. cut the cost to me from $500 a month to $27 a month. the local office is just doctors appointments and not hospital but very convenient. and good as far are doctors visits can be good.

a friend’s son goes to the VA in baltimore and thinks it’s great. after the mess at walter reed i was wondering since i’d heard so much good and bad about them.

anyway i’m glad your visit was good (yeah that’s a question begging use of good) and hope you recover quickly.

orionid
    Participant

Yikes!

Get well!

lokisbong
    Participant

I echo the Yikes and hope it gets better fast! but that was some good and funny writing you got there. Made it sound probably way less bad than it was. Almost fun even.
    My day yesterday was an unevent.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Doesn’t sound like fun in any definition of the word.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Almost fun even.

Sorry, lokisbong, I really wasn’t commenting on your remarks. I wrote that before seeing that you had posted!

lokisbong
    Participant

Almost fun even.

Sorry, lokisbong, I really wasn’t commenting on your remarks. I wrote that before seeing that you had posted!

No worries. He does have a way with words it would seem. Me not so much.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Ouch! Hope all turns out well. As someone who has dealt with disc/back problems my whole life the best advice I can give is rest. Don’t let them anywhere near you with a knife except as a last resort!

olavf
    Participant

Dang SilverStag. Get better soon.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Morphine, it’s a helluva drug.
    Hope you’re feeling better!

LeicaLens
    Participant

I hope you get better soon (they did find out the problem, right?).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘A day in the hospital.’ is closed to new replies.