A Sad Day for Farktography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill A Sad Day for Farktography

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I read the news earlier while and work and felt like something jumped off the page and hit me. Even as someone who barely knew pangolyn, hearing what happened is a shock. So I can’t imagine what her family and loved ones are going through. Other people have done a great job expressing how even as casual acquaintances pangolyn managed to have a positive impact on this impromptu band of creative folks. So even though I’ve never met her, I’m sorry to hear she’s passed away and offer you my most sincere sympathies orionid.

staplermofo
    Participant

That’s just horrible.

thepostess
    Participant

I’m so very sorry to hear about this. I did not ‘know’ her, but enjoyed her art. My heart goes out to you, and her family.

Uranus
    Participant

words fail me. my condolences.

warchild
    Participant

So sad. My condolences

EdgewoodDirk
    Participant

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I’ve climbed and joined the tumbling mirth
    Of sun-split clouds – and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of – wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there,
    I’ve chased the shouting wind along and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
    I’ve topped the windswept heights with easy grace,
    Where never lark, or even eagle, flew;
    And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee Jr.

A prayer traditionally read at the funreal for a pilot, but I believe that it applies to photographers as well, since we try to accomplish the same thing only with a lens instead of a plane.

My condolences.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I also want to share my deepest sympathies. As others have mentioned, she really stood out right away with a unique humor and creativity. My thoughts are certainly with her family and loved ones.

corsec67
    Participant

You have my condolences as well.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

Orionid I’m so sorry for your loss, I’ll definitely keep both your families in my thoughts and prayers.

nutkick_42
    Participant

I logged in to see what the next contest was, and have been sitting here in stunned silence for several minutes.

My sincerest condolences to Orionid and pangolyn’s family. I didn’t really know her at all, but she was somehow still one of my favorite people around here. She will be missed.

orionid
    Participant

Thank you all for your condolences, thoughts, prayers, support, etc. I have been, and will continue to make sure that pangolyn‘s mother recieves them as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘A Sad Day for Farktography’ is closed to new replies.