A Sad Day for Farktography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill A Sad Day for Farktography

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I received a message this morning from orionid that pangolyn has passed away. He may elaborate in time if he feels up to it, but he’s understandably just not up to posting about it right now. He and her family did want to let the Farktography community know, though. She was young, and healthy; her passing was sudden and quite a shock.

I know you guys will join me in offering words of support to orionid and to pangolyn’s family. She had such a great eye and was really a rising star in Farktography. I think my favorite shots of hers were the National Geographic “Afghani Girl” tableau and the metal window grating casting the shadow on the wall for the Shadows theme. Such a loss…my deepest sympathies to orionid and pangolyn’s family.

linguine
    Participant

Sorry to hear that. I’ll miss seeing her shots in the contests. I really liked her cat first person shooter shot.

schnee
    Participant

That is sad. orionid, I’m sorry for the loss.

Curious
    Participant

my condolences as well.

nobigdeal
    Participant

my god that’s horrible news 🙁

wow..I don’t even know what to say…

Sorry Orionid and pangolyns family

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m stunned. My thoughts are with orionid and pangolyn‘s family. Horrible horrible news.

soosh
    Participant

Oh that is absolutely terrible. My deepest condolences. Hang in there, friend.

olavf
    Participant

Oh, crap man. I’m so sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences to both you, and her family. *man-hugs*

-edit, and I agree. The ‘Afghani Girl’ was one of the best Farktography entries ever.

justkat
    Participant

how shocking and terrible. my heart goes out to orionid and to pangolyn’s family. i didn’t know pangolyn, but i greatly admired and respected her photography and i will miss her. *hugs* all around and sending out thoughts of peace for those who need it.

millera9
    Participant

That’s the saddest thing I’ve heard in a very long time.

Through the handful of interactions I had with her (flickr comments, posts on the board, etc.) she impressed me as enthusiastic, genuine, and talented. Obviously most of us only knew her through the lens of this community which makes it difficult to quantify the loss; I didn’t even know her name, and yet I feel a little bit like I (we) just lost a friend. Certainly we all lost a colleague, someone with parallel interests and a willingness to share and participate for the sake of fun and a desire to learn and improve. That’s plenty sad enough for me.

orionid, despite the fact that farktography is a group of semi-random anonymous internet strangers, you should know that the group as a whole is here to support you because you have supported us with your participation, humor, opinions, ideas, and enthusiasm. Let us know if there is anything we can do, and know that our sympathies go out to you and the rest of pangolyn‘s family.

Thank you for convincing her to participate here; she made farktography better, and she will be missed.

-Miller

QueenBee
    Participant

I’m really sorry to hear that 🙁 My condolences to orionid and their families. I enjoyed her photos very much and I’ll miss seeing them. I’m not the prayer type, but I’ll certainly keep you all in my thoughts.

MB

swampa
    Participant

+1 condolences here too. 🙁

I can’t think of anything else to say that hasn’t been said much more eloquently above.

lokisbong
    Participant

My condolences to her family and orionid. Man that is major bummer. I will miss her pics also.

orionid
    Participant

Thank you all for your kind words, I will make sure that they make their way to her mother and sisters. For those on Facebook, one of her best friends has created a group in her honor:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=90934472157

Again, thank you all for the kinds words, thoughts, and support.

U-Man
    Participant

I couldn’t agree with millera9 more.

The only glimpse I had into pangolyn’s life was though her photos and comments. She seemed like a classy, playful, lively young woman. I would have liked to have known her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘A Sad Day for Farktography’ is closed to new replies.