Alright all you traveling photographers..

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Alright all you traveling photographers..

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    powerplantgirl
    Participant

Lesson, be careful of the tools.

i’m guessing you mean the TSA.

LMAO nice!
    I’d take my camera over a bottle of water anyways…

caradoc
    Participant

Every last employee of the TSA with whom I’ve had the misfortune to interact in the last two years has aspired to learn how to say, “Would you like fries with that?”

I made it through airport security with a Lowepro CompuDayPack. They had me take the laptop out, but the camera body, lenses, flashes, 100Base-T hub, network cables, Inova X0 flashlight, power adapters, plastic four-pack boxes of AA batteries, and everything else didn’t even raise an eyebrow.

I thought for certain the monopod (Velbon RUP-40) was going to be a problem – I’d forgotten and left it in the bag instead of putting it in checked baggage.

Nope. The TSA monkeys passed it right on through.

But a bottle of water is strictly verboten. Kip Hawley is truly an idiot (www.kiphawleyisanidiot.com).

Morningbreath
    Participant

I took 4 cameras through on my last trip. I had no problems. I did not have to turn anything on. They did pull me aside and swab my computer with some explosive checking thing. They freaked out on me, because I was trying to be helpful, and tried to hold the bag open for them.

Stupidly, I checked my film and it got ruined by the x-ray.

schnee
    Participant

Stupidly, I checked my film and it got ruined by the x-ray.

That sucks. What did you lose?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Alright all you traveling photographers..’ is closed to new replies.