"Black Friday" Diversions – taking pictures of my

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill "Black Friday" Diversions – taking pictures of my

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Why I hate kids and animals…

Last night I had my lights and backdrop out to take some pics. Since I’ve promised to do something for a friend of mine, I left the lights and backdrop stands up, but put the backdrop in the back room so the cats wouldn’t tear it down.

So, this morning, I walk into living room after sitting out on the patio for a while. The Cat is centered on sofa between the light stands. Great pic! It’s posing and everything!…

Get camera, turn on lights. Cat sits there placidly.

Take a few steps back, check viewfinder. 50mm lens not getting the whole scene. Back up more. check, back up.

Raise camera again, field good, focus, good.

Depress trigger.

Get perfect shot of the cat jumping off the sofa to come get scritches.

put cat back on sofa. pet cat.

Step back, cat watches plaintively.

Get back to original location.

Cat jumps off sofa to come over.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Move lights closer so that you don’t have to step back so far.

Cat watches from sofa with little interest.

Step back, raise camera.

Cat jumps off sofa. Put cat back on sofa

repeat.

try again.

and again.

and again.

wander off at a different angle. Cat stays put, but tenuously.

Except it won’t look at the camera.

snap less that ideal picture and say ‘Fark it’.

jpatten
    Participant

I see the problem. You expected the cat to do something instead of taking your rightful place as plaything and food giver for the supreme kitty

olavf
    Participant

I see the problem. You expected the cat to do something instead of taking your rightful place as plaything and food giver for the supreme kitty

I suspect you’re right, except that the problem is that I *am* the plaything, and that demands attention above all else :/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘"Black Friday" Diversions – taking pictures of my’ is closed to new replies.