Can’t see avatars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    QuickSilver
    Participant

I don’t know where else to post this so I’ll give it a go here. If there is a better place please let me know.
    I developed an avatar and uploaded it to my profile then looked for it by browsing the site but it doesn’t show up anywhere. I checked in to the FAQs and found a message saying that I should ask the moderators. So please moderators can you explain this to a less than techno geek such that I am. or should I just enroll in the next computer class. 😆

monkeybort
    Participant

i can’t see any, including mine. i just assumed they weren’t set up for this forum.

zeke
    Participant

Nobody asked for them before now 🙂

Curious
    Participant

and that’s as it should be. this r serious 4um not aol.

joking aside i’d rather not have them.

and get off my lawn.

millera9
    Participant

When I first signed up here, I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to get my avatar to show up. Then I looked around and realized that no one else had them and felt rather sheepish.

Klahanie
    Participant

I wondered about them too. I don’t mind them as long as they aren’t of the seizure inducing variety.

staplermofo
    Participant

Up with avatars, down with signatures!

schnee
    Participant

That’s good, my signature is right down there

|
    |
    V

monkeybort
    Participant

That’s good, my signature is right down there

|
    |
    V

lolz

i are serious poster, posting in ur forum

or is cliche mixing just wrong?

i don’t mind avatars as long as they’re not animated (aka ‘seizure inducing’ – excellent phrase GW). but OTO we’ve made it this long without them, so if it’s a pain to set them up i wouldn’t cry about it or anything.

Analogy
    Participant

or is cliche mixing just wrong?

If it’s okay with xkcd it’s okay with me.

swampa
    Participant

If it’s okay with xkcd it’s okay with me.

But this is also okay with xkcd!

/I remember that comic coming out just before the hobbies contest and part of me was so tempted replicate it 😛

zeke
    Participant

i don’t mind avatars as long as they’re not animated (aka ‘seizure inducing’ – excellent phrase GW). but OTO we’ve made it this long without them, so if it’s a pain to set them up i wouldn’t cry about it or anything.

It’s just one option in the configs for the board. The stock gallery does contain a bunch of animated ones; if they’re too annoying we can junk em. To keep the really ‘seizure inducing’ ones out, uploading is still off- however, we can set a limit to the file size and dimensions, and keep obnoxious ones from being added.

//likewise, if we just dont want em, one switch and they’re gone.

QuickSilver
    Participant

Cool,
    I was just asking.

Analogy
    Participant

WHOA AVATARS ARE TURNED ON.

Any chance of allowing custom avatars instead of the gallery? Using a gallery feels too generic for something personal like an avatar.

millera9
    Participant

WHOA AVATARS ARE TURNED ON.

Any chance of allowing custom avatars instead of the gallery? Using a gallery feels too generic for something personal like an avatar.

And so it begins…

/The myspaceification of farktography. *hangs head in shame*
    //;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t see avatars’ is closed to new replies.