Can’t see avatars

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s a sweet ass ya got there, Miller

/also would like custom avatar of the non-seizure inducing variety

millera9
    Participant

Heh, it was a toss-up between that and the animated Camella Grace/TOOL eye. I have that poster on my wall in my apartment…

QuickSilver
    Participant

When I first signed up here, I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to get my avatar to show up. Then I looked around and realized that no one else had them and felt rather sheepish.

Baaa Baaaaa 😳 Me too.

QuickSilver
    Participant

i don’t mind avatars as long as they’re not animated (aka ‘seizure inducing’ – excellent phrase GW). but OTO we’ve made it this long without them, so if it’s a pain to set them up i wouldn’t cry about it or anything.

It’s just one option in the configs for the board. The stock gallery does contain a bunch of animated ones; if they’re too annoying we can junk em. To keep the really ‘seizure inducing’ ones out, uploading is still off- however, we can set a limit to the file size and dimensions, and keep obnoxious ones from being added.

//likewise, if we just dont want em, one switch and they’re gone.

I uploaded mine before I even asked the question. So is uploading really off?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well it appears to be now, even if it wasn’t before lol

RcMacStudent
    Participant

There are several of us who’d appreciate being able to upload their own avatars, and I haven’t heard anyone against it [they’ve only been against seizure magnets], so what would it take to turn uploading on so that we can have custom ones?

Curious
    Participant

if it wasn’t clear before let me go on record as opposing avatars period.

besides being distracting if you have to have some picture for folks to relate to you then your POV isn’t well articulated. personally i want to know you by your work and your statements here. some lame visual representation by clip art really isn’t you.

schnee
    Participant

Heh, it was a toss-up between that and the animated Camella Grace/TOOL eye. I have that poster on my wall in my apartment…

I was browsing the avatars, saw the butt floss and knew, just knew that millera9 was going to be all over it.

millera9
    Participant

I was browsing the avatars, saw the butt floss and knew, just knew that millera9 was going to be all over it.

Wow, I’m the resident horndog huh? Sweet!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t see avatars’ is closed to new replies.