Christmas came early this year…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Christmas came early this year…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

…and my wife surprised me with a shiny new refurb 27″ iMac quad-core i5.

…and 16GB of RAM.

…and a Bamboo Capture tablet.

My poor old G5 simply wasn’t up to handling the D7000 RAW/NEF format, so this is nice. Of course, my penance for this was to tear down and completely clean/reorganize/recable my home office space.

It’s been a long weekend. More so because I can’t play with the new machine while moving everything around!

olavf
    Participant

Niiiiiice.

Have you loaded linux yet? (obligatory 😉 )

caradoc
    Participant

Niiiiiice.

Have you loaded linux yet? (obligatory 😉 )

Not yet. I’m still importing/organizing my photos. I plan to run at least one version in a virtual machine.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Not a Mac person but I have had a Linux box somewhere on my network since 1997 or so. I had to go through the same PC upgrade when I went from a 20d to the current 7d. Twenty five mBytes is a big image to deal with.

I had been holding out for a tablet too (great minds, etc) so I bought a CTH-470 at the same time. I’m really happy with the new setup but haven’t fully migrated to it because I’m spending a lot of time taking photographs (first world problems).

caradoc
    Participant

So far, I’ve been fairly impressed by the Wacom Bamboo Capture. It supports the Mac OS X “Lion” gestures (multi-touch), and seems to be about the right size for me.

And for $80ish, the price is right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Christmas came early this year…’ is closed to new replies.