corsec67 – you okay?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill corsec67 – you okay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

8.8…holy fark man.

lokisbong
    Participant

Man! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

SilverStag
    Participant

8.9 now, sickening to watch the video- hoping some friends (and corsec67, of course) are OK.

Uranus
    Participant

That’s seriously rough. Isn’t LeicaLens out there as well ?

ravnostic
    Participant

On a break at work and logged in to ask this same question. Hope they are okay, and that we hear from them soon.

And then, if they ARE okay–I want pictures.

ravnostic
    Participant

Leica is listed here as being located in Fukuoka; about 5-600 miles SW of the quake epicenter. Corsec is listed as being in Colorado, so I don’t know where he’s at (I can’t figure out how to search that on fark proper.)

orionid
    Participant

With any luck, they’re both going to be fine, and they’re going to split the pulitzer this year.

ravnostic
    Participant

With any luck, they’re both going to be fine, and they’re going to split the pulitzer this year.

*Like*

chupathingie
    Participant

Good lord, but the vid of the wall of water, debris, buildings, cars, etc is insane. Heartbreaking to watch it overtake cars trying to flee… 🙁
    Here’s hoping all the farkers there check in soon…

Kestrana
    Participant

LeicaLens said he was going on vacation around this time but I don’t remember where, keep your eyes peeled in old threads. Corsec lives in Tokyo last I recall. But with 4 million people out of power, it may be awhile before we hear from them.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hoping anyone over there is ok!!

LeicaLens
    Participant

I’m fine, and all my Japanese family and friends are fine too, so I feel very lucky. Friends up in Tokyo suffered some shaking (in older houses particularly), and power cuts, but they are mostly fine. Getting home from Tokyo on Friday night was apparently a nightmare, with many people buying bicycles to make the journey. Even high-end bikes sold like hot cakes.

I was back in Britain when the earthquake struck; I was actually due to fly back to Fukuoka via Tokyo Narita, and was at the airport when my wife mailed me to say there had been a big earthquake. I ended up flying back through Korea (from Amsterdam), and arrived back not much later than my original plan. Fukuoka, and Kyushu generally, is too far away to have suffered any damage from the earthquake and tsunami, so I feel very lucky. It’s the poor sods up north we’re all worried about, and now the nuclear power plants seem to be the major concern. Well, that and cleaning up, assessing the damage, and counting the losses.

ravnostic
    Participant

Glad to hear you and yours are okay, Leica; any idea where Corsec would have been?

LeicaLens
    Participant

Thanks, rav. I am not sure if Corsec is still in Japan, but from what I remember he was in Okazaki City, which is in Aichi Prefecture, south of Tokyo, and still further south from the epicentre, so he should be okay. I haven’t seen any news about damage in Aichi, though I think the airport, Nagoya, may have been shut on Friday.

lokisbong
    Participant

I am also glad you are ok along with your friends and family.
    Now if we would just hear from Corsec soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘corsec67 – you okay?’ is closed to new replies.