crazy woman on the bridge

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill crazy woman on the bridge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    justkat
    Participant

so olavf and i were down in old sacramento yesterday taking pix and we went out onto the tower bridge to see if any views from there might be suitable for the upcoming tilt-shipt contest. a bycyclist came along and olav may or may not have taken his picture, i’m not sure, but i’m guessing not since he wouldn’t have had a lot of warning and the guy was moving fast. shortly after that, this woman approaches olav and starts telling him that it was illegal to take that guy’s picture without his permission. she was older, maybe in her sixties, long grey hair in a messy ponytail, t-shirt tied in knot in front, not wearing a bra and she should, gah my eyes. i approached them both as she was telling olav she was a police officer and that olav was breaking the law and he couldn’t just go around taking pictures of people without their permission. i keep a copy of the photographer’s bill of rights in my purse, because with my point and shoot that was where i kept my camera — after this incident olav and i both have one in our camera bags. it wouldn’t have mattered if i had it though, because she was 100% nutbar though. arms waving about muttering ‘who do they think they are, just going around taking pictures’ as we walked away. i said “um, people?” but i said it to the air in front of me rather than go back and fan the flames.

i know she was just a nutcase, but she got in my man’s face and i wanted to KITBASH her… off the bridge if need be. i get really riled when people mess with people i love. 😀 we walked slowly across the bridge and she didn’t follow us but we could hear her ranting about us for more than 5 minutes. i told olav just let me talk to her if she’s there when we go back, i’ll even be nice (i’m sure he doubted that last part). i said i’d have my phone in my hand and say “ma’m, you are bothering us. if you do not stop at once, i will call the police.” (hey, that’s nice, it’s translated from ‘get out of our way you fucking psycho or i’m calling the cops.”) and if she didn’t stop, i’d call the fucking police. hey lady, i bet the jail is air-conditioned, is that what you’re after? olav tried to be very polite to her but she twisted every thing he said into an affront and really seemed to think photography was illegal. 😯

orionid
    Participant

i wanted to KITBASH her

You wanted to use some of her pieces in combination with pieces from another model to create something unique and not available commercially?

Cool!

/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitbashing

swampa
    Participant

shortly after that, this woman approaches olav and starts telling him that it was illegal to take that guy’s picture without his permission.

At this point Olavf took a picture of her right?

I wouldn’t have been able to help myself in that situation, especially when I know I would be in the right 😀

You wanted to use some of her pieces in combination with pieces from another model to create something unique and not available commercially?

Learn something new every day!

I went looking for the version I assume justkat meant on Urban Dictionary and even that has the definition above – Fark has let me down!

nobigdeal
    Participant

KHITBASH (kick her in the box and shove her) Not KITBASH 😉

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=khitbash

I love messing with loony people, until the stab me 😯

swampa
    Participant

I did think there was meant to be an extra H in there but KITBASH just rolls off the tongue so much nicer.

justkat
    Participant

typing skillz… i don’t have them. =P

and orionid… the bit about having her in pieces is right anyway… =P

olavf
    Participant

shortly after that, this woman approaches olav and starts telling him that it was illegal to take that guy’s picture without his permission.

At this point Olavf took a picture of her right?

I wouldn’t have been able to help myself in that situation, especially when I know I would be in the right 😀

In retrospect I wish I had. My nifty fifty was on the camera and it could have made a really nifty close-up of insanity in full-rant. especially apropos since she was screaming at me how I had permission to take her picture, amongst other things. Really, I just wanted her to go away :/

I actually thought about it at the time, but the other thing that held me back was that there was a good chance that she’d have gotten violent, attack me, break my camera and get her crazy ass thrown in the river. Explaining that to the cops was *not* how I wanted to spend my Sunday afternoon

swampa
    Participant

I actually thought about it at the time, but the other thing that held me back was that there was a good chance that she’d have gotten violent, attack me, break my camera and get her crazy ass thrown in the river. Explaining that to the cops was *not* how I wanted to spend my Sunday afternoon

Oh that one is easy – “I was just standing here Officer when this crazy woman came screaming and ranting along here then jumped – here check out the photos, have to love the bokeh on this one. And the way the sun is caught in her dress as she clears the rail here!” 😛

olavf
    Participant

Oh that one is easy – “I was just standing here Officer when this crazy woman came screaming and ranting along here then jumped – here check out the photos, have to love the bokeh on this one. And the way the sun is caught in her dress as she clears the rail here!” 😛

haha! thank you. that made my night.

I just wish I could remember what Admiral she claimed to be. Before she was the cop or the town councilwoman.

orionid
    Participant

haha, please please, tell me it was Admiral John Paul Jones. Or Chester Nimitz.

olavf
    Participant

Might have been Admiral Jones as a matter of fact. Don’t remember for sure though.

orionid
    Participant
    staplermofo
    Participant

You should have had ont of these: http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/05/14/fake-photography-licenses-for-when-someone-says-you-cant-take-pictures-here/

That is genius.
    How much would those cost? (in dollars and, if applicable, time in jail)

idle_hands
    Participant

so olavf and i were down in old sacramento yesterday taking pix and we went out onto the tower bridge to see if any views from there might be suitable for the upcoming tilt-shipt contest. a bycyclist came along and olav may or may not have taken his picture, i’m not sure, but i’m guessing not since he wouldn’t have had a lot of warning and the guy was moving fast. shortly after that, this woman approaches olav and starts telling him that it was illegal to take that guy’s picture without his permission. she was older, maybe in her sixties, long grey hair in a messy ponytail, t-shirt tied in knot in front, not wearing a bra and she should, gah my eyes. i approached them both as she was telling olav she was a police officer and that olav was breaking the law and he couldn’t just go around taking pictures of people without their permission. i keep a copy of the photographer’s bill of rights in my purse, because with my point and shoot that was where i kept my camera — after this incident olav and i both have one in our camera bags. it wouldn’t have mattered if i had it though, because she was 100% nutbar though. arms waving about muttering ‘who do they think they are, just going around taking pictures’ as we walked away. i said “um, people?” but i said it to the air in front of me rather than go back and fan the flames.

i know she was just a nutcase, but she got in my man’s face and i wanted to KITBASH her… off the bridge if need be. i get really riled when people mess with people i love. 😀 we walked slowly across the bridge and she didn’t follow us but we could hear her ranting about us for more than 5 minutes. i told olav just let me talk to her if she’s there when we go back, i’ll even be nice (i’m sure he doubted that last part). i said i’d have my phone in my hand and say “ma’m, you are bothering us. if you do not stop at once, i will call the police.” (hey, that’s nice, it’s translated from ‘get out of our way you fucking psycho or i’m calling the cops.”) and if she didn’t stop, i’d call the fucking police. hey lady, i bet the jail is air-conditioned, is that what you’re after? olav tried to be very polite to her but she twisted every thing he said into an affront and really seemed to think photography was illegal. 😯

That’s just very sad. Every city always has a few people who can’t find their way to harm reduction shelters, that’s if those shelters even exist. Not every city has one. Sacramento’s resources have been stretched to the limit and threatened cutbacks mean that more people will be homeless and vulnerable.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/20/sacramento-tent-city-relocation-california

orionid
    Participant

There’s a link to the original blog that posted them, where you can download the EPS files for free. It seems to be giving me a 404 not found error on the original files, though.

As far as the jail time, I dunno. But jail’s not so bad, it’s prison you have to worry about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘crazy woman on the bridge’ is closed to new replies.