Do You Tell People Why They Suck?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Do You Tell People Why They Suck?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

Sooooo….

I finally went to the gallery pages on the Yankees website and LOOKED at the photos being taken. They are AWFUL, MINE INCLUDED!

My god, I am so glad my name is not associated with these shitty, shitty photos. Part of it is the horrible jpeg rendering, part of it is camera mounted flash, part of it shooting too fast without pausing for proper composition, part of it is just awful subject matter.

Wow.

You know what, I’ve decided to just walk away and pretend I never stepped foot in Yankee Stadium. I am embarrassed, and I know I am better photographer than that.

Now, I have to go vomit.

fluffybunny
    Participant

If it were me, I would use this as a penance (pennants?) for myself. I would go back and take good photographs at my pace, under my terms. To balance out the universe and karma and yang and so on.

ennuipoet
    Participant

If it were me, I would use this as a penance (pennants?) for myself. I would go back and take good photographs at my pace, under my terms. To balance out the universe and karma and yang and so on.

Done and done. I went out yesterday to shoot something I’ve wanted to shoot for ages. There is group that dances the Tango on one the piers over the Hudson River, I am doing a series of shoots over the next while for a long form photo essay I hope to get published.

http://freeversephotography.com/freeversephotoblog/2013/05/02/dancing-with-volvo-tango-on-pier-45/

emiliogtz
    Participant

I’m with the ones here opting for seeing things from the business point of view. These days more and more business-owners only care about the bottom line. Not that I can blame them. IMHO, it’s the consumers’ fault.

I just hope you are better off now you’ve quit that job.

orionid
    Participant

Damn the investors. I’m going to open an old school business that puts quality and reputation first. ….As soon as I develop an idea for a needed market and develop a sound financial strategy….

ennuipoet
    Participant

I am indeed better off, I am back at work at an animal hospital as the practice manager, I am a Boss! 😀 I can return to photography as a side gig until I get sick of NYC and move to a location with less competition.

I wrote up my experiences shooting Fan Photos on The Blog, you can read the rage if you wish:

Part I: http://freeversephotography.com/freeversephotoblog/2013/05/05/fan-photographer/

Part II: http://freeversephotography.com/freeversephotoblog/2013/05/06/adventures-of-a-fan-photographer-part-two-the-product/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Do You Tell People Why They Suck?’ is closed to new replies.