Does this mean I have to call myself a pro now?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Does this mean I have to call myself a pro now?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Well, it happened, I sold a print to someone I can not call family nor friend. A few weeks back a friend of mine got me in touch with a local art show that was being held this evening. Along with a few friends that stopped by (one bought a calendar and a 8×10, the other appears to have had the top bid in the silent auction for a 11×14 framed print) – I sold the below print to another lady who wanted some ‘Texas art’ for her home.

Had it printed in a metallic finish, which really made the B&W pop and the sepia tones almost have a golden feel to them. May have to have another printed the same way next order to keep for myself…

The other sold prints to friends were:

fluffybunny
    Participant

Awesome!

I especially like the middle one. Great job.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats, Cuda! I can see why they selected those prints. I’ve done a few prints in the metallic finish myself, so I can imagine how great that first one must look.

ennuipoet
    Participant

A pro? That is just a person who does something for money. An Artist makes things people WANT to buy.

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks all. It’s been a fun and learning experience so far. The calendar have certainly been the high-volume item of the fall thus far with around 40 ordered in total. Not making a ton off them, but enough to help take a bit of the sting out of the lens/camera purchases a couple months back.

ennuipoet, I like your answer. 🙂

Side note, if I were to get the first one printed again as a metallic, thoughts on color(s) for a matte?

Yugoboy
    Participant

Dunno, but after what I just got for my work with Armored Theory, I’m definitely a pro (they apparently REALLY liked my work).

I’m not a “supporting myself with photography” pro, but I am a “my work has financial value” pro.

orionid
    Participant

The way I figure it, until I get a W9 from a publisher for contracted services rendered, AND my photography starts bringing in more than I spend, then I’ll be a pro. Until then, I’m an artist with a professional acumen.

Nice stuff up there. I love that first one and can easily see how it would pop on metallic.

ennuipoet
    Participant

The way I figure it, until I get a W9 from a publisher for contracted services rendered, AND my photography starts bringing in more than I spend, then I’ll be a pro. Until then, I’m an artist with a professional acumen.

Nice stuff up there. I love that first one and can easily see how it would pop on metallic.

Hmmm, by those standards I guess I am Pro. I figure I brought in this year alone to pay for all the money I’ve put into my current gear. Of course, I needed every dime of that to live on, so I didn’t reinvest in gear. Hopefully next year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Does this mean I have to call myself a pro now?’ is closed to new replies.