Fark changes (including larger pictures)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Fark changes (including larger pictures)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    hunches
    Participant

http://www.fark.com/comments/7212319

iii) We’re increasing the maximum limits on images in threads – both dimensions and filesize. You can now post an image up to 850x1500px, with a filesize up to approx 500k. You can still link to images larger than that.

blue) We’re changing all contest threads (Photoshop, Farktography, etc) to automatically default to showing only the contest entries (vote-enabled comments), to keep the emphasis on the contest itself. There’s a ‘Show all” link after the last comment, and a checkbox to “Show nonvoting comments” at the top. If you always want to see all comments (both contest entries and discussion about the contest), you can change it in your Preferences page in myFark (check the preference for, “In contest threads (Photoshop, Farktopgraphy, captions, etc), see regular comments as well as contest entries.”)

linguine
    Participant

While I like most of the changes do we know if it would be possible to make the boobies post show up for everyone automatically?

ennuipoet
    Participant

While I like most of the changes do we know if it would be possible to make the boobies post show up for everyone automatically?

Envotinate the Boobies, sure jackasses will vote for it, but it won’t matter.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Envotinate the Boobies, sure jackasses will vote for it, but it won’t matter.

I’m not sure how the current coding works, but in the old days, if there was no pic in a PS post, and you tried to turn voting on, it wasn’t happy (I think… I could be wrong).

But, if the Farktography tag were included in the Boobies, that problem goes away. Wouldn’t have to enable voting, either.

Kestrana
    Participant

That’s a good question. If we need to, we can make a graphic with the non-changing Farktography rules in it, that we would just post after the pertinent weekly information.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

The issue of the Boobies post (and the O for PS threads) has been brought up, and the devs are considering options. We certainly could envotinate, but then that will really mess up stats, because we all know people would proceed to vote for the Boobies/O images.

fluffybunny
    Participant

That’s a good question. If we need to, we can make a graphic with the non-changing Farktography rules in it, that we would just post after the pertinent weekly information.

Yes, but would the graphic itself have to comply with Farktography rules?

/Why yes, I am a smart *ss

swampa
    Participant

We certainly could envotinate, but then that will really mess up stats, because we all know people would proceed to vote for the Boobies/O images.

Awww but I will actually get votes this way 😛

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The issue of the Boobies post (and the O for PS threads) has been brought up, and the devs are considering options. We certainly could envotinate, but then that will really mess up stats, because we all know people would proceed to vote for the Boobies/O images.

Seems like “always show the first comment” is a simple enough solution to me since that would take care of the concerns of both PS and Farktography contests. And it should be be simple on the coding side too. But I may be missing something…

ravnostic
    Participant

Seems like “always show the first comment” is a simple enough solution to me since that would take care of the concerns of both PS and Farktography contests. And it should be be simple on the coding side too. But I may be missing something…

What choc said, unless he’s missing something, in which case, “Phshaw! How stupid is that idea!

//but otherwise, how hard can it be?

Yugoboy
    Participant

What choc said, unless he’s missing something, in which case, “Phshaw! How stupid is that idea!

//but otherwise, how hard can it be?

Well… with Fark’s filter in place, it would come out as “always show boobies” and then where would we be?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, that’s exactly what they decided to do. Of course, this makes it even more important that everyone waits for the Boobies to post, because if something else gets posted first and I happen to not be at the keyboard when the thread goes live, you guys will have to report the thread and wait for things to be fixx0red.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Fark changes (including larger pictures)’ is closed to new replies.