FSM Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

I did a bit of fiddling with the FSM. The most obvious change is that Farktographers now have their own URLs for their portfolios.

If you want to see a Farktographer’s portfolio, you can simply navigate to:

http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/“, which is suitable for bookmarking or linking or sending off in Christmas cards. For example:

http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/veruca will get to veruca’s portfolio.

The URL is generated when you “See What Happens” after entering in a farktographer’s name from the FSM’s home page as well. That’s probably the best way to get a URL for a Farktographer that has URL “unfriendly” characters in the name.

As always, let me know if things go awry.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

wow, that’s awesome, schnee–thanks for your dedicated FSM tending 🙂

idle_hands
    Participant

what elsinore said

you totally rock mister!

schnee
    Participant

Well, its my birthday (40) so I figured I’d do something nice.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

whoa, really? Happy Birthday!! But it’s supposed to be the other way around–we do something nice for YOU! Hehe, I guess maybe winning this week was an early present? Was a nice shot, for sure 🙂 My birthday is next week–falls on Farktography night actually. Alas, I’m not much of an early riser, so I don’t know that I’ll have anything lol. Seriously, though, Happy Birthday–thanks again for everything you do with the FSM 🙂

veruca
    Participant

happy birthday schnee!
    *throws up some streamers and half blown up balloons*
    but i won’t sing to you in the marilyn voice, nope.

(hope you have a wonderful day)

staplermofo
    Participant

Well, its my birthday (40) so I figured I’d do something nice.

Better get working on that Ferrari there gramps.

staplermofo
    Participant

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Birthday punches!

*bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk*

And one to grow on!

*bonk*

idle_hands
    Participant

oh, a very happy birthday to you schnee

life *begins* at forty!

🙂

Marley
    Participant

Happy b-day schnee! Went TF for your birthday, eh?

/and thank you for the very cool FSM

monkeybort
    Participant

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Birthday punches!

*bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk*

And one to grow on!

*bonk*

what stapler said, but with borts instead of bonks!

happy bday schnee!!

schnee
    Participant

Thanks for the b-day wishes everyone (and for the present that some anonymous sponsor sent my way)!

I did wind up doing something nice for me – my oldest son taught me how to ride my new bike, I went and watch a highschool volleyball match and then I went to a nice dinner with Mrs. Schnee.

mikemikeb
    Participant

Happy belated birthday, schnee! I checked onto your changes at the FSM; nice job.

However, I still find that there are ways to improve the search feature/portfolio view. First of all, I’d like to be able to switch the order of photos between place finish and number of votes. Secondly, I’d like the FSM to reflect tie votes in place finish. For example, the FSM lists my best finish as 7th place, when I really placed tied for tenth.

Thanks in advance for the changes!

schnee
    Participant

Happy belated birthday, schnee! I checked onto your changes at the FSM; nice job.

thanks, and thanks

However, I still find that there are ways to improve the search feature/portfolio view. First of all, I’d like to be able to switch the order of photos between place finish and number of votes.

Love the feedback, keep it coming.

Regarding search, I’ve been thinking about that. Personally, I like place-finish and as part of the upgrade, I changed the ordering from votes to place-finish. When I did that, I thought that I probably should expose a method to allow folks to sort based on their fancy. Gotta figure out how to reconcile that with the URI access. It is doable and I’ll try to get something out sometime.

Secondly, I’d like the FSM to reflect tie votes in place finish. For example, the FSM lists my best finish as 7th place, when I really placed tied for tenth.

Thanks in advance for the changes!

Are you British, by chance? The way I count it, you tied for 7th because there are 6 different scoring buckets higher than yours. The way you count it, 9 people had more votes than you so you get 10th. I considered accounting for the gaps and discarded that solution (I had to pick something). I may or may not get to this one.

As a preview for what I hope to get in tomorrow, are you a bad typer? If so, you’ll love the new farktographer search…

mikemikeb
    Participant

Are you British, by chance?

Born in (and have never left) the USA.

I place finishes the way that professional golf tournaments (including the American ones!) do. In terms of sporting events (and non-sporting events) based on large groups of participants that don’t follow a bracket, that’s about as official as it gets.

As a preview for what I hope to get in tomorrow, are you a bad typer? If so, you’ll love the new farktographer search…

Oooh, that looks interesting; thanks again in advance. Now if Drew could get the Fark profile search to work like that…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘FSM Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.